Completely trivial but absolutely scrumptious blend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely trivial but absolutely scrumptious blend

Since Yemeni beans are so expensive, and since it was a busy week at work - my bag of Yemeni rapidly dwindled...

So: 50/50 Yemeni and Daterra (and presumably any Brazilian bean) is a very nice combination! The lovely buttery mouthfeel of the Daterra comes through, with the fabulous flavour of the Yemeni dominating.

At last, a means of eeking out my precious beans :-?

/Kevin

Re: Completely trivial but absolutely scrumptious blend

Hi KJM,

What Yemen & Daterra beans are you referring to?.

Lenny

Comment

GDay Lenny - the Yemenis were one of the four on Bean Bay (I cant honestly say which, because Ive been doing all four lately...).

The Daterra is the classic "Daterra Sweet Collections". I suspect the Ceja would be a fine substitute. Although: the Daterra has just a delightful buttery mouthfeel.

I just roasted some more : This week at work will be busy too

Im just stoked that the full-on Yemeni character comes through, but with an even better mouthfeel.

/Kevin

Comment

Hi KJM
        This sounds like a great combo - Ive been thinking of a Brazilian/African blend myself. Did you roast them together (like your house blend) or separately then blend?
        Matt

Comment

Hi KJM,  The dater sweat collection is a great blender!

I did a 250g Yemen sanani mocha today looking forward to tasting!

Comment

Originally posted by 6A4B5D4749404740496C576D4148484B4B2E0 link=1319795327/3#3 date=1320057548
            This sounds like a great combo - Ive been thinking of a Brazilian/African blend myself. Did you roast them together (like your house blend) or separately then blend?
            Matt
            GDay Matt - they are roasted separately. I did the Daterra for a colleague - so he could try a bean with a real creamy/buttery mouthfeel.

It does tone down the Yemeni just a tad, but by crikey it is nice I prefer the straight Yemeni, but Im just a bit too stingy :

/Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by 6F606E7C7864616168630D0 link=1319795327/4#4 date=1320075831
              I did a 250g Yemen sanani mocha today looking forward to tasting!
              Yup. I have 4 different Yemeni beans, but cant decide which I actually prefer. Theyre all up there!

The small additional point: the Yemeni is (surprisingly) basically very nice +1 day onward from roast... Those Yemenis are just amazing

/Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by 7A7B7C310 link=1319795327/5#5 date=1320317512
                GDay Matt - they are roasted separately.
                Thanks Kevin
                Have to give that a shot. Those African beans are so soft! Learnt that the hard way before in blended roasting… lots of black features through the batch ;D

Matt

Comment

Working...
                X