Peru/Uru blend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peru/Uru blend?

Hi all, just ordered some tanz uru and Peru (roasted by Andy) and was curious as to whether anyone had tried these two together? Keen to hear any thoughts/suggestions...
    Cheers, Steve

Re: Peru/Uru blend?

I reckon a 50/50 blend would taste pretty darn good

Comment

Thats what I was thinking, at least as a starting point. Was also thinking of trying 65:35 in both directions to see how they go; basically more or less chocolate!

Comment

Ive been trying 70:30, roasted separately (roasted in modded popper, FC around 10 min, Dumped just on SC at around 18 min for both). As a small flat white I think the Tanz Uru helps add a bit of "punch" (not real good with the descriptive terms yet :-?). Find the Ethiopian sun dried is good with the Peru as well.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Pete!

Comment

No worries - I was really happy to see someone playing with the same bean combination as me . Have been thinking about getting some of Andys roasted to see how mine compares.

Comment

So far tried 50:50 which was ok, and 2 parts Uru to 1 part peru, which was rather stellar as a Doppio, and much better than I expected. Id definitely recommend giving it a try!

Comment

Working...
              X