Best Crema beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Crema beans

I have searched here to find out which beans are best for producing great crema. Came up with 500 hits! Think I would rather just ask.
    I am looking for a bean that is reliable in producing good crema. The plan is to use this with a blend, I drink double espresso, to always have the crema come through.
    Still learning the roast process and would like to experiment, some results I have had I will not admit to.
    Am mainly using KJM and that has great crema but I want to branch out and would be grateful for a starting point.
    Thanks

Monsooned Malabar would have to be a candidate.

Comment

Thanks Yelta. Should have looked there first

Comment

Hi Graeme

The 10 day post-roast Java/Mocha blend I have in my grinder is a crema monster.

Comment

Thanks Dom_Collopy
          will try that too

Comment

Hi Graeme
            I must say - I don't know if I've ever had any Beanbay bean that doesn't have good crema! I drink dopp's too and basically every bean/combo out of my machine looks like 90-100% crema during the pour (I use little 90ml latte glasses for my dopps so enjoy watching the Guiness-like churning!), then settling to around a 5-10mm settled crema after sitting for a minute or two… :-)
            I don't know if I could pick a bean on crema alone - although the MM certainly has something special!
            Matt

Comment

i have noticed that the earlier you use the beans the better the crema. so rather than the usual 5-21 days try next day after roast you will see more crema.

i actually use the decaf wow immediately after roast and its got great crema.

Comment

Thanks brettreaby. Never tried one day after, will experiment. My wife has the decaf wow, will give her a surprise

Comment

I agree with yelta MM is a crema monster, it also brings a nice buttery mouth feel to the cup in any blend at about 20%

Comment

Thanks C-Man is it worth a try at MM 20% for a total of 100% or a total of 120%
                    I guess I mean do I reduce my existing blend or add a further 20%
                    I suppose its a bit like how long is a piece of string. A= Measure it.
                    Will play around, have ordered the MM

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme View Post
                      Thanks brettreaby. Never tried one day after, will experiment. My wife has the decaf wow, will give her a surprise
                      If you want to see crema Graeme, try pulling a shot as soon as the beans are roasted, massive.

Comment

Working...
                      X