Indonesian Espresso Blend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indonesian Espresso Blend

I need to make an espresso blend and I only have the Indonesian green beans: Aceh Gayo, Toraja Kalossi and Bali Kintamani. Do you have any suggestion for the right proportion? (in %). It is for use on commercial espresso machines. Thanks a lot!!

Welcome Altaso,

Hmm... 3 Indonesians for a blend to be used commercially because that's all you have- for how many cafes? Is there any reason why you have access only to 3 beans?

It may be possible, but it would help to know why you need to do this?

Whilst there are few words to read, what's between the lines concerns me....

Comment

Maybe Altaso is in Indonesia? Maybe even the Kopi Luwak Altaso?

Comment

most probably Altaso is in indo like me. it's quite hard to source imported green beans here. what i roast i home i buy from CS or while on holiday in australia.
        commercial roasting here finding fresh and good quality beans is a bit of a challenge. so yeah i'm guessing that's probably one of the reasons behind it. but yeah there's are plenty of other specialty grade coffee coming from jawa, sumatra, sulawesi n bali. haven't really got anything that nice from papua but yeah sourcing them locally also need to know the right contacts. not as easy to find them like in australia.

Comment

What I find with Blending only Indonesian beans is that the outcome is over powering as a bold dark coffee.
          I suggest to perfect individual origin and keep it as is, then you can post blend to try different percentages.

Comment

I live in Indonesia and I want to make a blend with local beans only. Imported beans are not always available and for commercial purpose I need consistency in the product.
            I know I can try with different origins at a certain percent to get a decent blend for espresso but if someone can give a expert advice, for me is much better. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X