Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yemen/Yirga blend

Evening All

My current batch of Yemen Matari is lacking depth of flavour so I'm looking to add some Yirga Kochere. Does anyone have a suggested blend ratio for these two bean types? I'm thinking 25% Yirga but may he way off the Mark?

Originally posted by Gavisconi007 View Post
    Evening All

My current batch of Yemen Matari is lacking depth of flavour so I'm looking to add some Yirga Kochere. Does anyone have a suggested blend ratio for these two bean types? I'm thinking 25% Yirga but may he way off the Mark?
    That's a lot like asking someone else to pick your next girlfriend/partner. Your tastes, your expectations will never be exactly the same as anyone else's. So... just give it a go, try it and then adjust the blend, if needed, according to your own perceptions.

Simples

Comment

....I would have suggested "use a better Yemen" ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post

Agreed Andy- it's definitely not the best I've had, but trying to salvage it as best I can

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
          PS: it's a "Yemen Mukha Matari" roasted to circa 1 minute after completion of 1st crack.

Normally I wouldn't dream of drinking Yemen any other way than as a SO, but this one is somewhat bland.

Comment

OK, OK, I'm ramping some of Andy's Ismaili slowly up to first crack.

I'll be waiting 10 days and hopefully I'll be a Castaway Convert too.

Comment

I always found Yemen great when they are good and ordinary when they are not. I have found alot of variation and prefer the Ethiopians much more

Comment

Working...
              X