Pre roast brazil, guatemale and robusta blend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre roast brazil, guatemale and robusta blend

Heres my blend of 45% brazil fazenda, 45% guatemala los volcanes and 10% indian parchment robusta.
    Roasted on behmor P4 D setting until 2 min after 1. crack
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	758669
    I blended before roasting, and it seems pretty evenly roasted inspite of using 3 different beans!
    Last edited by Alexpid; 18 April 2016, 05:38 AM.

Think you might find that the Robusta is going to be under-roasted though mate, even if the colour appears to be similar. Always best to roast Robusta on its own to ensure it gets what it deserves...

Mal.

Comment

Next time I might roast 117 grams of robusta on its own, and the roast brazil, guatemala and burundi to blend. To get a 10 % robusta blend, I think I'll roast about 500 gr of the other beans and bin the rest of the robusta...

Comment

I keep a Popper to use for just roasting the smaller quantities of Robusta.
        Usually take it to the start of Rolling 2nd-Crack and then set it aside for 10-14 days...
        Works out well for me as I usually roast my Arabica beans/blends on a fortnightly basis.

Mal.

Comment

Great idea! Maybe I'll have a go in the oven with a small batch of robusta next time.

Comment

Probably do better using a small frying pan while stirring with a wooden spoon...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
            X