Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenman's fruitcake blend

Originally posted by greenman View Post
    I roast my Fruitcake Blend with equal parts Sumatran Mandelheng, PNG Wahgi and Ethiopian Gambella. I take it to just prior to the start of second crack--family and friends keep coming back for more.

WINNER!

I felt sure greenman has mentioned this blend before but couldn't find any previous posts.
    Anyway, I made this blend for the first time on June 9 and have been drinking since June 19 as flat whites or short blacks. I used the same proportions but with Sulawesi blue for my Indo bean as i don't have any Sumatran. Definitely a fruity spicy flavor with the right amount of sweetness and acidity. Cuts through milk very well and keeps getting better.

Tried an espresso made with the Cremina this morning which was so good i was inspired to post about the blend . Give it a shot/crack (or insert your own pun) . I might give it a try with some Yemen. I also acquired some Java from Beanbay last week which I imagine will also work very well.

Originally posted by flynnaus View Post
    Java from Beanbay last week which I imagine will also work very well.
    Agree, the Java would work well as would the Yemen (as a top shelf) but personally I think I would lean towards the Sulawesi Blue for maximum body/ooze off the machine.

That's the fun of blending when you get 3 that work well and then tweak in slightly different directions to change the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      I would lean towards the Sulawesi Blue for maximum body/ooze off the machine.
      it certainly has lots of body.
      I'll report back on the mocha java Wahgi variant of thefruitcake blend. I still have about 4 kg of Yemen in my stash and don't mind parting with 150g to add to a premium fruitcake recipe

Comment

Working...
      X