Ethiopian Limmu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethiopian Limmu

Roasted this one just into 2nd crack. Rested 48 hours, and cupped this morning. Rich and medium-full bodied with great mouthfeel. Smoky dark chocolate with hints of dried apricot sweetness. Low-medium acidity and a very smooth finish.

I can never get enough of this one. This is a SO that I can drink day in and day out.

Re: Ethiopian Limmu

Yeah I have to agree Nunu. Its one of my favs that I have just run out of (starter pack). I had to make a hard decision as to whether to go decaf or the Limu due to financial restraints and decaf won Ill make sure to pick some up next time around.

Comment

I love this SO! Ive been buying it almost week in and week out for the last several months.

Hopefully Ill be able to start roasting my own soon!

Comment

This was all I bought in Beanbay this month, I am another one looking forward to trying this.

Comment

S.O. Yes it is perfect in my estimation. I love it in a blend from the regions though- even more.
          33% brazil
          33% sumatran mandhling
          33% limu

brilliant stuff~
          ;D I got plenty this time round.
          RH

Comment

Yes it is superb. Now that I have more on the way I can stop
            beancounting my current stock

"33% brazil ; 33% sumatran mandhling; 33% limu ..."

Will try that. I also like the Sumatran a lot by itself.
            All roasted to early 2nd crack?

thanks

Comment

That is probably my favourite three way blend. Have also tried using Columbian with or as a substitute to the brazilian, and that works very well too.

Comment

I like the brazil roasted to around 205 degrees C- as it comes to first crack I slow the heat so it gently gets through it and slowly on toward second but I try and pull it just as the first snaps of second are heard.
                The Sumatran I like starting into second- around 210 on my thermometre- so a few more pops of second- but still a gentle incline into it.
                The Limu I do even a bit more, till its nearly rolling second.

And leave the separate S.Os as separate until blending to taste! :
                Specially after a week to a week and a half! :-? yes a lot more than a couple of days.
                RH

Comment

Thanks RH.

"The Limu I do even a bit more, till its nearly rolling second."

Thats how I did some a few days ago. Rich and smooth -- very
                  nice. Did some Pearl Mountain at the same time, will try a blend of
                  the two tonight.

Yes I always keep the SOs separate, cant resist sampling them,
                  and also try different ratios.

But a week and a half. Yikes. Ill need to get a safe and throw
                  away the key ....

Comment

Cant wait to taste it, I reckon 2 days of rest longer enough...... :P :P

PS: Hi hazbean, where you get the indian pearl mountain from? Ive been searching for it couples of months.
                    Any suggestion, guys??

Comment

"Hi hazbean, where you get the indian pearl mountain from?"

I bought some odds and ends from a fellow CSer who was clearing out
                      some excess stock. So I didnt have much to start with, and theres
                      a lot less now!

Sorry, not much help.

Comment

Thats all right. I may find from other source any way, but thanks for help

Comment

I just roasted up some of these today. Strange roast stalled near the end and I had a hard time reaching 2nd due to this. Still got a snap or two and the beans are quite dark CS10-11 but no oil. These guys are degassing but the aroma ia already rich fruit, unlike the central (mexican)and south americans (Peru Segunda) I have kicking about at the moment.

Ill let them sit a couple of days at least before subjecting them to the likes of the Cimbali and the Pav.

Comment

Sparky - great minds think alike.

I roasted some yesterday too - and then left them to cool , got distracted and they were outside all night. I think they will be well de gassed. ;D

I also had a roast similar to yours. The beans got quite dark, and I got nervous and pulled them at 135C. They also were not smoky or oily. I will have a taste tomorrow and see how they go.

Comment

I did some on the 6th, with my "slow profile" on the iRoast. My (sketchy)
                              notes say first snaps of SC at 12:30, starting to crackle at 13:00, stopped
                              at 13:15, so I guess about 10 secs into rolling SC. Im very pleased with
                              the colour, about 11 on the scale, pretty much where I wanted it, and
                              very even. No oil. I hadnt touched them since, except just now to write
                              this. Now showing a few beans with a drop of oil. Wonderful aroma. Just
                              chewed on a few -- good flavour, slight tang, pleasant undertones.
                              Will try them in two days. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X