Mountain Mist _ September Poll Blend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Mist _ September Poll Blend

Attached is my data, roasting chart and phot of 1st roast of this Blend in HotTop roaster.

Will update with some tasting notes after 24 & 48 Hours.

Only roasted today.

Re: Mountain Mist _ September Poll Blend

This blend blew me away.

I cannot remember the last time that I managed so many back-to-back double espressos.... one double shot just isnt enough. We have been drinking this for nearly a week and got through about 1.5kg of it as espresso and the ladies milky drinks.

We will have a small amount of this on the next poll (end of bag)... but after that we will have to wait for the suppliers next shipment.

Im looking forward to hearing if others liked this as much as me.

Comment

Havent tasted this one yet.......so from your comments, Andy, I should expect a nice drop....

Since I have taken an interest in coffee my consumption has increased rapidly........Im now consuming more that 1kg of beans a week and growing.......so is my weight!!

Comment

so is my weight!!
        You need to loose the milk and sugar... espresso is near zero fat.

Comment

Yes, to Obi Wan you listen. Milk leads to sugar, sugar leads to kilos; once you head down that dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Comment

It is certainly a very nice drop of black!!
            Smooth, not heavy, just very nice on the taste buds....

Its 11pm and Im having my 6th double for the night.......there goes my sleep for the night!!
            The 2.5kgs isnt going to last that long....hope your supplier can produce more of this one....

Comment

looks like Im going to regret not getting this mountain mist blend
              Any chance of getting the leftovers Andy?

Comment

6th double for the night

Sloooowwwww down, your heart will POP!

Any chance of getting the leftovers Andy
                You know that I get first crack (bad pun) at the leftovers! The good news is that we will have some available with the next poll but Im afraid its first-in best dressed as always. Im trying to source another bag of it at the moment but dont like my chances so far.

Comment

I was really looking forward to this one, after whats been said about it, but I think I over roasted. I cant get a good shot out of it.
                  How far did everyone roast theirs?
                  Cheers, Rob

Comment

Have a look at my excel spreadsheet as it has quite a few notes in it. If you cannot read .xls files then let me know andIll capture a screen shot of it.

I took it into a good 2nd crack, which may have been any one of the bean types as it is a blend.....from quite small to largish beans.

This is the 1st time I had roasted this one and as usual I take the 1st one into 2nd crack and then see what it tastes like and then adjust for the next etc.

I feel that I nay have cracked this one correctly on the 1st attempt.......it is a great drop.

There wasnt any visiable external oil immediately after roasting but there were signs at the 24 hour mark.....NOT on all beans but just some, probably one of the varities in the mix.......not a sheen covering but just distinct blobs of oil.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedBean link=1157876787/0#0 date=1157876783
                      Attached is my data, roasting chart and phot of 1st roast of this Blend in HotTop roaster.

Will update with some tasting notes after 24 & 48 Hours.

Only roasted today.

I cant download the spreadsheet, is there a trick to viewing the zip file?

Comment

Ah, thats why I couldnt view it.. That would be great if you could do that. I dont want to waste another couple of batches.

Comment

Hmmmmm....A screen capture is too large.....

It looks as *.xls formats are not allowed to be uploaded.

Let me know your email addresses and Ill email the file....

Comment

Wow, I just opened a bag of this that I roasted on Sunday and a big armoa of spices flowed out. My first thought was that it smelled like Taco seasoning  :. This is the most prominent aroma Ive had from any bean.

I roasted mine to about 30 secs before 2nd crack due to equipment malfunctions (HG cut-out I think due to too much heat flowing back out of the BM: damn safety systems ). I found it it quite bright as a Cap. It must pack a punch because it cleared up my bleary-eyes in real short order. Im looking forward to more of this bean.

Matt

Comment

I finished off my first roast of this a few days ago. Absolutely loved it.

Great in flat whites. It had a nice kick to it and lovely chociness too.

Great complexity in a espresso as well. Nice and smooth.

Love it :-)

Belinda

Comment

Working...
                              X