Australian Capricorn Estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Capricorn Estate

I bought some of this roasted from a WA non-sponsor.

It was roasted the day I ordered it (date stamped on the bag), and arrived within 2 days.

It is FANTASTIC. Caramel, chocolate, maybe a hint of vanilla and spice. The crema is so thick and viscous that its almost like jelly. Mmmm. Im having a great deal of difficulty sticking to my no-more-than-two-coffees-per-day policy!

Really like to get some of this as greens...

Michelle

Re: Australian Capricorn Estate

I just finished a bag of this today - roasted on Friday. Id agree with your assessment and add a note of my own - its like everything you love about a monsooned malabar but without some of the lesser qualities of the MM. The first time I tried this one it took some convincing before I would believe it was an australian bean.

You can buy it green - I have a kilo of it green at the moment.

Comment

Grendel

Can you PM me the source and pricing for Capricorn green?

Comment

me too? please.

Comment

me three?

Comment

Actually thats reaaaaaaaaaaaaally interesting to me, because thats the local grown coffee here, only 40min away from my place.

However, i NEVERRRRRRRRRR buy it, because the cap coast coffee sold around here is always pre-roasted and stale as dirt. It seems to me that people in central queensland (in my opinion) dont appreciate coffee as much as people do in metro areas.. Rockhampton is a very rural locality with a predominant beef industry, so you can imagine what think when I say "yeah i roast my own coffee and everything"... so yeah, the cap coast coffee that you see around some of the shops, has usually sat on the shelf getting dusty!!

I can probably call cap coast coffee directly if yas want, go straight to the supplier and you might get a better price.
            If so, please just let me know via PM.

Cheers
            Roll

Comment

Rolley,

Gotta agree with Grendel and the others above....

First tried this bean as a SO at Epic..... and thought it was great....

Its a pity those closer to the source cant appreciate the quality of the coffee grown in their region.....

But at least the rest of us can

Comment

We have roasted samples of this in the past and it was far from what is described. Maybe its worth revisiting?

Although from memory it was near $14/kg so you would have to REALLY like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1177244935/0#7 date=1178580157
                  We have roasted samples of this in the past and it was far from what is described.  Maybe its worth revisiting?

Although from memory it was near $14/kg so you would have to REALLY like it.
                  I just paid less than that buying it green from a roaster... Surely its cheaper direct from the source..?

On another note- anyone else find this absurdly hard to pour any art with? Its so viscous it seems to resist me pouring anything pretty. Or maybe thats my shortcomings, but I havent encountered this type of problem with any other bean.

M

Comment

mwatt, Funnily enough I have managed to pour my best art with the capricorn.

That aside, I really do find this a great coffee to drink. Nice aromas, chocolate & caramel sweetness through milk and a minute amount of acidity. Only thing is that it loses body through any decent amount of milk. Just pop in another shot.

Comment

I hear the place is up for sale or has just been sold - not sure if they will keep the current level of quality up - they only just seem to have got it right at all!

Comment

Lets hope the little australian is still a performer

Comment

Hi everyone,

just wanted to let you know that I got in touch with Cap Coast Coffee - John, the sales exec, said normally they dont retail their green beans, but he said theyd make an exception for me.

$11.00/kg minimum of 5kg bag, dropped off to my place when theyre doing their next delivery in my area next week (if im interested). So I dont even have to pay for postage

I honestly dont want 5kg of it, so if anyone wants me to divy it up and post it out in 1kg bags then Id be happy to (anyone got any idea how much that would be to post 1kg snail mail?). Itd still be cheaper than $14/kg all up Id hope... anyway PM me if youd like to arrange something.

Andy, was the $14/kg you remember inclusive of postage costs etc? I could probably try and set up a bit of a deal for Coffee Snobs bean bay if you want?

Ta
                          Rolley

Comment

$10.10 to post that in an express post pack so a kilo would cost $21.10 to anywhere in Aus. Naturally you could go a slower post option to save a couple of dollars!

Comment

WOW what a rip, I had no idea postage was so expensive... heh .. or am I just tight? ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X