Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakibomon, Glasshouse Mountains plantation

Hey everyone,

Has anyone tried the beans from the Glasshouse Mountains?
    http://www.dakibomonlodge.com.au/the_coffee.asp
    My dad got some while he was traveling recently, unfortunately - youll cringe at this - 1, it was pre-ground and half stale, 2 he ran out of milk so decided hed put in evaporated milk (gross!), and plus his machine also leaves MUCH to be desired. Anyway needless to say it tasted ferel, BUT, there was a REALLY unusual unique taste from the brew (not entirely ruined), and the same intruiging aroma from the grinds in the packet..

I really would like to try some proper fresh beans of this, so - any of yas had any, any comments on its flavour and cup profile?

Ill be contact Dakibomon lodge sometime in the next month or two to get my hands on some, I wonder what their prices green/roasted are like, the website doesnt say.

Re: Dakibomon, Glasshouse Mountains plantation

Maybe Pioneer roastery have an idea, i dont think they are that far away from it. I might try some next time we get to go to the glass house mountain if its any good.

Comment

I know the guys there quiet well. unfortunately they are not very forthcoming with greens, and the roast style seems to be, well, less than desireable. It is roasted to a light-med colour and is very thin. Like you, I have been unable to get any fresh product. After being promised some I received the beans after what I suspected to be more than a month old. We see the coffee in mostly IGAs and Fruit stands but I believe it is in alot of restuarants in Sydney too.
      They have a cafe on the side of the main highway from the Sunny Coast back to Brissy, but beware!!!!!!!

Comment

i know i am replying to an old post but i work at coffee en route (the place to get dakibomon) and i am completely addicted to the coffee... I find it to be the smoothest coffee yet... And in regards to the be warned about the cafe... there is nothing wrong except possibly the pricy meals... which thankfully for my staff discount I am actually able to afford!!! And either way... get a fresh packet and you will realise what I am talking about!!!

Comment

Welcome to Coffee Snobs Rikki.

If youre addicted you should get some medical help.

If you want to taste a really smooth coffee let me know when youre coming to Sydney and you can try some of my excellent home roasted PNG Kimel.

You havent tried the smoothest YET!

Comment

Working...
          X