Yemen Bani Ismail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yemen Bani Ismail

This is superb! After the minimum 48-hour wait, there is no single note that dominates, its so well-rounded and gentle, not at all what I was expecting. Kind of like the difference between food processor and hand-pounded pesto (the yemen being the latter) multiple flavours are present but harmonious.

Re: Yemen Bani Ismail

Hi Andrew,

If you can, its well and truly worthwhile saving some of it for a week.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Originally posted by luca link=1183530658/0#1 date=1183536205
      Hi Andrew,

If you can, its well and truly worthwhile saving some of it for a week.

Cheers,

Luca
      thanks for the advice! was going to ask but forgot. will definitely keep it for a week - got some balinese on the way too

Comment

not much to say about this is there!

Just

8-)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 8-)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 8-)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 8-)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 8-)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 8-)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

lol. Awww, u guys are lucky. Weve gotta wait until next Saturday for our Yemens

Comment

Originally posted by richy_4000 link=1183530658/0#4 date=1183540120
            lol. Awww, u guys are lucky. Weve gotta wait until next Saturday for our Yemens
            Just think Richy,,,they will all run out before we do!

ergo cup half full, not half empty!

Comment

received mine today, not bad for a WA delivery!!
              roasted with HG/bowl, took it up to FC in about 6 minutes, it smelt like roasting peanuts!!
              getting to SC took a bit longer, as i brought down the temp a bit, didnt want to burn it.
              pulled the beans just at the very first snaps of SC.
              uneven roast, smells nutty with buttery undertones....
              now, patience.... :P

Comment

Ha Dennis I have 1 full kg so I am.............

Bugger......

half empty!

Comment

Originally posted by coastal coffee link=1183530658/0#7 date=1183545336

Bugger......

half empty!

lol Craig!
                  ps. dont think this sort of caper (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;D) qualifies as a genuine post :P

Comment

827352, 827343, 827335, 827316,....

(seconds till the beanbay pickup)

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1183530658/0#8 date=1183545774
                      Originally posted by coastal coffee link=1183530658/0#7 date=1183545336

Bugger......

half empty!

lol Craig!
                      ps. dont think this sort of caper (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;D) qualifies as a genuine post :P

Ok , what about, it was really really great,good excellent etcetcetc,
                      oh and yum,

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzi link=1183530658/0#6 date=1183541331
                        received mine today, not bad for a WA delivery!!
                        roasted with HG/bowl, took it up to FC in about 6 minutes, it smelt like roasting peanuts!!
                        getting to SC took a bit longer, as i brought down the temp a bit, didnt want to burn it.
                        pulled the beans just at the very first snaps of SC.
                        uneven roast, smells nutty with buttery undertones....
                        now, patience.... :P
                        my roast went really well. used 2 cups (dont know grams) heat gun, and ss bowl inside a cardboard box due to it being bloody freezing (saw that tip on here somewhere - thanks; also the box didnt catch on fire which was good) took about 14 minutes to FC. from what i recall that was exactly how long andy thought it might take. slowed it down then and took about another 5 minutes through to SC and then one or two minutes into that.

i got a very even roast. was slightly oily but at this stage the oil has gone back inside the beans.

hard to stir though since its so dense.

Comment

One or two minutes into second?

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1183530658/0#12 date=1183554335
                            One or two minutes into second?
                            yes from the very first cracks of second that is. i waited until i was sure it was SC, then stopped! the beans are a good full city (dont have the CS card yet, forgot to add to my cart).

Comment

I just ordered some roasted. Havent started home roasting yet. But I found this review, the descriptive style of which made me think Id better get some

True Arabian Mocha, from the central mountains of Yemen, is still grown as it was over five hundred years ago, on terraces clinging to the sides of semiarid mountains below ancient stone villages that rise like geometric extensions of the mountains themselves. In the summer, when the scrubby little coffee trees are blossoming and setting fruit, misty rains temporarily turn the Yemen mountains a bright green. In the fall the clouds dissipate and the air turns bone dry as the coffee fruit ripens, is picked, and appears in on the roofs of the stone houses, spread in the sun to dry. During the dry winter, water collected in small reservoirs often is directed to the roots of the coffee trees to help them survive until the drizzles of summer return.

http://www.coffeereview.com/reference.cfm?ID=65

Comment

Working...
                              X