Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timor Leste Arabica Grade 1

What a gusher!

Roasted to start of second crack on Saturday and tried it tonight. Lovely caramelly flavour with milk - but had to adjust the Mazzer Mini to an extremely fine grind (somewhere around the Monsooned Malabar mark) so beware - I went through a fair amount of beans dialling it in.

Ron

Re: Timor Leste Arabica Grade 1

Originally posted by Idler link=1188473132/0#0 date=1188473132
    What a gusher!

.... had to adjust the Mazzer Mini to an extremely fine grind (somewhere around the Monsooned Malabar mark) so beware - I went through a fair amount of beans dialling it in.

Ron
    Yeah I found the same, finest grind setting I have ever had to use and it was still a bit fast.
    As a SO espresso, found it had a hint of aniseed, from memory.

Bullitt

Comment

I you have a friend going to Dili i.e. ADF member, this coffee can be purchased from the roasting factory for US$1.50 per kg in Dili. Postage back to Australia is free for ADF members for packages up to 2kg.

Apparently this is the factory where Starb*cks get their Timor coffee from. Great coffee however if youd see n the condition of the factory and the workers (tuberculosis/cigarette ash anyone??) you might think twice about that next cup!!

Happy New Year!

C

Comment

I bought a bag of these about 8 months ago as part of my very first beanbay purchase and have been roasting these occassionally (given Ive increased my green collection since then). I just did a 240g roast of this 3 days ago and prior to this roast, I was going to write and ask if there were suggestions to blend this with something because no matter what I did with this roast ie. roast lighter, roast darker, it was always a bit flat when made as a latte. Given the other batch of beans I bought was the Kenya AA (which cut through milk pretty well), this one had always been a bit flat (cant describe what was missing, just something was missing). I didnt really want to blend this with another bean which is great as an SO like the Harar, because to me, it would be like diluting the harar or the blend is nice because of the harar and the timor leste would not have contributed much to the tastes.
        Given my woes at latte art recently, I needed some beans to "sacrifice" to practise the latte art part and decided to roast this batch 3 days ago for this purpose. Tried it this morning partly for tasting and partly for practising, and I dont know if its because my standard of what I regard as a nicely flavoured cup of latte has changed, this one didnt taste too bad at all.
        Come afternoon and decided to do a practice session and pulled a double of this and made 2 lattes. Art, hmmm, barely passed the mark for a rosetta. I decided to taste it but not finish it because Id have problems sleeping tonight if I did, but again, it was pretty good.
        Roasted this to about the start of rolling second. Will make note of that for future roasts of this bean. Still curious if it could be further improved as part of a blend though.

Comment

Working...
        X