Peru Ceja de Selva Estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peru Ceja de Selva Estate

I roasted some of the Peru from June Beanbay last week. Tried them after three days and wasnt that impressed, but from day 7-9 they have been great as an espresso with lovely rich choc notes, good body and a lingering aftertaste, it makes a lovely flat white cutting through the milk quite nicely.
    I took the roast to 1C 12.30m 200C and just on first snaps of 2C at 219C and then quickly cooled--CS 9ish.

Re: Peru Ceja de Selva Estate

One of my roasts in particular really brought out some sweetness I agree about it suiting milk nicely.

Comment

Its a beauty alright.... 8-)

Can see why Andy rates this higher than the Villa Grace Estate, more complexity, very sweet, with balanced acidity and good body. Going to roast another batch tomorrow... ;D

Mal.

Comment

i thought it was really nice with milk too. first roast was really light and left a bit of a watery taste but second roast, which was roasted a lot darker, left a lovely sweet, nutty and lingering taste. quite a buzz too!

Comment

I think i messed up the roast on this one. I got mountains of crema, but very little body - trying it anywhere from a day to a week after roasting. I got nice milk chocolate notes out of this one before but i cant remember how long after roasting that was. Im new on the roasting front - some beans seem great after just a day or two - others seem to come good later. I think i will do as Greenman did and leave my next batch of these for over a week.

Comment

just roasted some of this yesterday, very interested to see how it turns out. another roaster i know just did a batch of another peruvian coffee, interested to see how they match up, estate to non.

Comment

I roasted some of this for the first time today. The beans I bought back in May 09
              Easy roasting bean. Finished at CS9 - 10. Sure smelled good at the end and looking forward to trying this one next week.

Profile below (small dip at 4.5 mins was me moving the temp probe, not a temp drop)

Comment

I roasted the Ceja De Selva last week to a full city.
                Best cup was after 6th day
                loved the sweat nutty/chocolatey taste, well balanced and good body
                Im going to use this in a blend with some Brazilian and guatemalian this weekend..
                Love it!

Comment

I was using the Peru in a blend with Eth Harar - very nice. i intend to try the gambella with the Peru soon

Comment

This one is my wifes favorite, I guess thats why I was able to get another bag while in a no more beans freeze out.

Comment

behmord 350g of this on the 1LB setting 5 days ago, before 5 days it was really unpleasant, bitter and acidic

tried it today (day 5) and got some nice warm chocolate flavours, full body and richness

this could become a favourite of mine I think, another couple of days thisll probably come up a real treat

Comment

[split] [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1287656201/0#0][splithere][/link][splithere_end]

Comment

Just had a 5 day old 5min 20 popper roast, pulled at the very moment the first been 2nd cracked.

Absolutely lovely.

Pulled for a correcto, it you are wondering why the tall glasses!

Comment

really love this one, so much so i got another 5kgs  at this months bean bay. Roast is super even, and it has gun shot pops at first crack.

Comment

Originally posted by 637B617C60676A717C7A130 link=1246666530/10#10 date=1277903092
                              tried it today (day 5) and got some nice warm chocolate flavours, full body and richness
                              Just ordered some of this and looking forward to trying it.

Comment

Working...
                              X