Fiefys Blend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiefys Blend

Im enjoying a cap of this as we speak. Day 5, Andy recommends it at day 10 so these tastings are very preliminary.

What can i say it tastes exactly as a cap/latte should. Rich full coffee flavour not overly acidic or dark, (thats the best notes your going to get from me on a milk based drink.) :P You can tell that only high quality beans have gone into this blend.

This is one of those coffee that are just as enjoyable to grind as to drink. The kitchen is still filled with a lingering aroma, hopefully it lasts into the day. My best amateurish description is dark nuts with citrus these carry through in the cup to my amaturish pallete the roasted nuts remaining in the finish and the citrus becoming more specific to lemons.

It took me a couple of shots to dial this in and after doing this I am very sympathetic to the shots that Chris was wasting on saturday. It requires a very fine grind and in my first couple of shots I found it particularly sensitive to dose. Before pulling the shot that nailed down a nice espresso pour, I looked at the coffee as I loaded the portafilter and thought surly this is going to choke miss silvia. To my pleasant surprise a few seconds later dark drips started coming through building to a viscous drippy pour. It seemed to blonde relatively early but at this stage im blaming my technique rather then the beans.

As an short black there is a very pleasant simple lemon aroma which carries into the cup, There is a stable crema and its acidity is not punching me in the face in the way it did at the bb pickup a couple of days ago. Hopefully some mid palette flavors come through a bit more as it ages.

If I were looking for a cafe blend this would be high on the list of contenders. It really does poke its head out of the crowd and screams "house blends dont have to be chocolate bombs and spicy fruit" (as much as I enjoy coffees of that ilk.) It would take some time for me to get bored of drinking this.

Re: Fiefys Blend

Im addicted to the blend too.  I got my order this morning with superior delivery service...(Thanks to Andy)
    It is tempting to just open the bag and make my favourite caps and macs, but I noticed the instruction on it says...recommend after 10days.  

It  requires a very fine grind. This is one of those coffee that are just as enjoyable to grind as to drink.  The kitchen is still filled with a lingering aroma, hopefully it lasts into the day.

"Very fine grind" sounds right to me. I experienced very nice pouring shots for milk base and best espresso out of it!.  Grind as to drink is the best...I enjoy its aromatics off the grinder and in the cup!  :

Comment

Yes, its gone back in the cubbord for a couple more days before I gobble it all up. Lucky I have plenty of other stuff to keep me going for the time being.

Any other notes on it Fiefy? Your a bit more familiar with it then me, Anything else to look for in it?

Comment

fiefy espresso blend SA barista comp

Hey guys,

Just sampled my delivery of the SA barista comp blend from "fiefy".

Really like it. Pumped out a really well bodied double ristretto... Amazing.

Id be interested to hear what others thought..?

Dave

Comment

If I want to experience this blend, do I have to buy Fiefy named or can I prepare the blend myself? are the bean types shared information, etc..

Comment

Pretty sure it is one of those, I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you type things.

From my understanding, a lot of cupping and trying different combos went into the making of this blend.  And Andy knows the profile to roast it too!

Comment

Originally posted by 63607373646D010 link=1253490590/5#5 date=1254097077
              Pretty sure it is one of those, I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you type things.

From my understanding, a lot of cupping and trying different combos went into the making of this blend.  And Andy knows the profile to roast it too!
              Not sure if this would necessarily be the case. As it is a competition blend its often to the competitors advantage to describe their knowledge of the blend they are using to the judges. Andy? Fiefy?

Comment

Originally posted by 62617272656C000 link=1253490590/5#5 date=1254097077
                ;D Pretty much.

Yes, its only being offered as a roasted finished product and yes, we are keeping the contents a secret.

Its pretty rare for a competition blend to become available for general sale but we thought we would allow CSrs to access it.

Originally posted by 63616665636F6C756D6E000 link=1253490590/3#3 date=1254050297

Great! I had a double shot this morning too and it was full of plum (like a dark blood plum) with a bright finish. Really nice, very different and a bit of a standout from the competition "norm".

Enjoy!

8-)

Comment

I require a link to buy this blend!

Comment

Click on "Buy Brown" in the top corner of the screen and follow your nose... ;D or if you really want a short-cut:
                    http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx/356-fiefy

8-)

Comment

Cheers Andy I look forward to trying it out.

Comment

Originally posted by 657D78786D7C576569663E3F080 link=1253490590/2#2 date=1253621811
                        Any other notes on it Fiefy? Your a bit more familiar with it then me, Anything else to look for in it?  
                        Espresso, with very fine grind, 28 ml @ 30sec, flavour profile as Andys comment!  :
                        In Cap/Latte, you should find raw cocoa and a little bit fruity finish.  I prefer my cap make with double ristretto in 150ml cup. (Try this and let me know if you like it too )  

I will open the bag tomorrow.  Ive been waiting so long (10days) for this cup of coffee!  :P

Originally posted by 5A676A7B7C697A080 link=1253490590/10#10 date=1254142474
                        Cheers AndyI look forward to trying out it out
                        We would love to hear your comment very soon.  

Originally posted by 2C2E292A2C20233A22214F0 link=1253490590/3#3 date=1254050297

Two thumbs up for CS! 8-) It is amazing!

Comment

In due time Fiefy! XD But my comment wont drop till at least a couple of weeks, buy it with my next pay, wait till it arrives and is at optimal time to rest.. haha! How many bags does it take to send that delicious aroma through the air from the grinder!

Comment

Originally posted by 704D4051564350220 link=1253490590/12#12 date=1254144935
                            How many bags does it take to send that delicious aroma through the air from the grinder!
                            You will surprise...as soon as you start the grinder...the delicious aroma will hit your nose!  ;D

Andy!...I had coffeeSSS (espressox3, capx3, macx2) today. It was fantastic!!!! :-*

Comment

I was thinking this morning that the smell off this coffee reminded me of a rich fruit cake, as that is what I smelt. At first I thought it was like a caramel toffee but a second whiff brought more fruit to the nose...

I had a first shot as espresso but finished it with a bit of milk and had a second shot just for a flat white and was taking so long to savour it, it went cold on me!

So, I drank it cold and was then left wondering how it would be as a cold press...

My photos up in the Art Gallery today are both of Fiefys blend...

Comment

Working...
                              X