Nicaragua La Gloria Las Brisas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicaragua La Gloria Las Brisas

just tasted this 2 days post roast after having the Tarrazu.
    First impresions are impressive for such an early roast.
    I used it in a latte and could taste the apple and I thought it had a good body with memories revived of the nicaraguan COE.
    Highly recommended.

Re: Nicaragua La Gloria Las Brisas

I agree this is nice even as an espresso. It produced a lot of oils after the roast for me so the grinding was quite different but all in all very good.

Comment

Roasting tonight, will be back next week with results.

Comment

How did you go about roasting it?

I did a batch the other night and pressed the cool button as soon as it got to 2nd crack (on the behmor). Ive never taken a bean to 2nd crack before so itll be interesting to see what the results are like.

Comment

I decided to do some Las Brisas tonight as well.

Ill let you all know what I think next week after 5 days resting.

special pants this is how I did mine.  I know Mal in the wrong place but he did ask  :-*

23.2 degrees start in popper
          0-8 minutes got up to 181
          8-10 minutes up to 193 with 1C happening at 9:30 minutes 191 degrees
          10-13 minutes still climbing to 196
          13-15 minutes finished at 207.5 degrees
          15-16 minutes down to 62
          16-17 minutes down to 39 and pulled

got a very slight sweet smell (I dont get much smell at all from my roasts normally)

photo is with flash

Comment

Cheers Shapeshifter.

Here are my thoughts on the beans – my beans reached 2nd crack during the behmor’s cooling phase:

Roasted beans had a pleasant scent to it. I didn’t have to change my grind settings from my last batch of beans (which was the Santo Domingo beans). Nothing different about the extraction and crema – both were good.

I made myself a latte using a restretto pulled from a double basket. I thought it was quite wholesome and roasty. There was a hint of sweetness to it.

I don’t have the words to describe the taste, but here are some comparisons. Smoothness was similar to the Peru & PNG beans that was offered on the site a couple of months ago. It wasn’t punchy as the Domingo beans. There was none of the lemon taste that I got from the Ethiopian Yirg Special Prep. It didn’t taste ‘ashy’ which was something I was scared of (first time I’ve had a bean that reached 2nd crack). All the things I’ve mentioned so far are good things.

I love beans that have chocolate notes to it… I couldn’t really pick up any with the Nicaragua. The chocolate notes was a stand out in both the Ethiopian Gambella and Ghimbi beans

Comment

My OHs comments on this bean is that "its just coffee" ;D

He likes his chocolate/cocoa flavours and doesnt like anything fruity or sweet. There was nothing that stood out in the flavour and that it was a smooth coffee.

I felt pretty much the same, its definitely smooth but nowhere near as smooth as a Tanzania bean.

Oh this was with milk.

I tried it as an espresso and there was nothing fancy about it.

I feel that it might be better blended with one of the stronger beans to balance it out.

Comment

Originally posted by 445F564752445F5E51435245370 link=1307861155/6#6 date=1311991359
                My OHs comments on this bean is that "its just coffee" 
                Thats exactly how I feel about this one. I use it as a base bean when blending. Theres nothing wrong with it...but nothing special either. For my mouth, its TOO well rounded - but I dont like "smooth" blends either.

Comment

Working...
                X