This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Flavour Wheel...

For anyone who hasnt found this Aid before, feel free to download....

Mal.

Re: Coffee Tasting Wheel...

Found versions of this on the web just the other day, but this is a much better image. Thanks Mal.

I also found an article about flavour wheels in general that I found interesting.
    http://eblong.com/zarf/flavorwheel.html

One of the key strengths of the scaa flavour wheel is that it gives a common terminology so we can more easily understand each others descriptions.

Comment

Re: Coffee Tasting Wheel...

Originally posted by 3E3638303228283438305B0 link=1308229874/1#1 date=1308265832
      but this is a much better image. Thanks Mal.
      Thats what I thought too but I cant take credit for finding it. That belongs to "coffee_wino"... 8-)

Thanks Bruce [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thats a very helpful discussion about the use of Flavour Wheels "Who"... Nice find 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Re: Coffee Flavour Wheel...

Originally posted by 775A5E525F330 link=1308229874/2#2 date=1308297247
        Thats a very helpful discussion about the use of Flavour Wheels "Who"... Nice find 8-)

Mal.
        As a wise man once said:
        Thats what I thought too, but I cant take credit for finding it.

That belongs to Larry Page and Sergey Brin
        ;D

Sorry, couldnt resist

I do still have a problem with balsamic rice though...

Comment

Did you hear that another distinct taste has been added to salty, sweet, sour, bitter and umami?

If you can taste, then you know it.

Guess?

Comment

Originally posted by 1835313D305C0 link=1308229874/2#2 date=1308297247
            Thats what I thought too but I cant take credit for finding it. That belongs to "coffee_wino"... Thanks Bruce
            Thanks Mal... but you can thank Mr Google for the find. All I did was type in "coffee wheel" and then did a search through Googles images with preference set to large images and.... voila!

Comment

A copy of this SCAA flavour wheel appeared in today’s Sydney Morning Herald Good Café Guide 2011.

This was sold in many Sydney newsagents today and will soon be available as an IPhone App.

Barry

Comment

Dennis, another distinct flavour is stale, over extracted, unattractive coffee as served by many substandard cafes.

Barry

Comment

Nah, its fat Barry. When you think about it, its surprising it wasnt categorised a long time ago.

Comment

Silly question time.
                    Why do the flavours I taste appear on the aroma side of the wheel e.g. chocolate, nut, malt, apricot?

Comment

Smell and taste are closely linked. Ever wondered why you can smell something youve never tasted before and know right off that bat what it will taste like. Or Smelled something and though you knew what it was going to taste like, but been totally shocked that in the mouth it was completely different. Thats because we processes our sense of taste and smell using the same nerve sensor called a olfactory nerve which runs down the back of the mouth linking our nostrils and the taste buds. There are captured by different senses but processed with the same area of the brain.

Comment

I love coffee.
                        I always start my day with 2-3 mugs of strong,dark,new-brew coffee.
                        I never put some sugar,milk or flavor in it.
                        As I live in Sweden,I buy only Swedish brands

Comment

Nice wheel, have now downloaded and shown the Hospitality Teacher at school who was impressed. Thank you.

Comment

[QUOTE=70515A5A5D47340 link=1308229874/4#4 date=1308312358]Did you hear that another distinct taste has been added to salty, sweet, sour, bitter and umami?

If you can taste, then you know it.

Where is "spicy" eg chilli in all of this? Another taste, perhaps?

Comment

There is a nutty flavour! Cool, thats the flavour I really like and will be trying to achieve.
                              Can anyone recommend any particular bean bay beans I should be roasting that have this characteristic?
                              :

Comment

Working...
                              X