Yirgachef Special Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yirgachef Special Prep

Roasted up 600g of the Yirg Special Prep last night, took it to just on finish of RFC for pourover.
    One hour after coming out of the roaster I prepared a CCD brew, the aroma coming from the grinder hit me with a wave of citrus/floral notes, in the cup it had a delicate citrus acidity with a slight grapefruit finish, it was clean with citrus and heaps of floral notes coming through--very impressed

Re: Yirgachef Special Prep

I agree its a great coffee.

For those that are roasting darker than Greenman be careful at the end of the roast... they really get a run-on and you need to cool pretty quickly to ensure they stop where you want them to.

Comment

Re: Yirgachef Special Prep

I had a few cracks at roasting the Yirg a few months ago and didnt really like the results in the cup. It was quite lemony and grassy.

Back then, I was using an Sunbeam EM0480 grinder with a Sunbeam 6910 machine.

I tried some of my own roasted yirg on the weekend with a mazzer + duetto and thought the results were great. Its got quite a unique taste to it.

Anyways, I thought Id mention it - Im not too sure what it all means though. Roasting and tasting is too complicated.

Comment

Working...
      X