Colombia La Esperanza Gesha Cerro Azul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colombia La Esperanza Gesha Cerro Azul

A mate of mine bought me 1kg of this as an early Christmas present. Knowing what it cost him I'm keen to not stuff it up. I figured the best bet would be to just do what I normally do - I roast with a Behmor, and almost always use P2 at the default power setting of A. So it is [almost] as fast a roast as possible [P1 would be slightly quicker]. And I aim to cool just before 2c, but doing something 'just before' is hard so sometimes it is at the start of 2c.

So, that is what I will aim to do unless anyone has had great results from a longer slower roast.

Would love to hear from anyone who has given this bean a go.

Thanks,

UCC

Well I did it. I just stuck with my normal profile. I waited a bit after 1c (which was nice and clear), and hit cool. If I had my time again I would have given it about 10 seconds longer, but I'm not unhappy with the result.

I will find out in a week or so how it tastes.

Comment

Well, I have cracked the bag open and given it a go. I must say I'm very happy with the result. The nicest coffee that I have roasted. I love it.
      As in Andy's description it does give quite a floral aroma from the grinder. As for taste... sorry, I'm pretty hopeless. I know what I do and don't like, but I dont taste chocolate or citrus or such things in my coffee.

It is hard to quantify the value of taste, as in, is it worth x amount more than other coffees? As nice as it is, I dont think I could justify that much on coffee... but I will happily receive it as a present anytime!

Comment

How are you brewing it UCC? i.e. Filter, espresso?

I too have a kg green that will be roasted with my Behmor.

Comment

Hi Zingzin.

Espresso. Breville duel boiler.

Comment

Originally posted by UCC View Post
            Breville duel boiler.
            Me too. I'll be roasting this week and will let you know how I go.

Comment

Originally posted by zingzing View Post
              Me too. I'll be roasting this week and will let you know how I go.
              So how did you go in the end? I've got my batch on the way and want to make the best of it!

Comment

Originally posted by WooToMaN View Post
                So how did you go in the end? I've got my batch on the way and want to make the best of it!
                I roasted for filter on the Behmor yesterday and have had a few with the Aeropress and Syphon. Usually I'd let them rest for 5 days or so before I open the bag but I was too eager. Amazing coffee and really distinctive!

250g charged at 120 degrees, 100% heat for 1:15 then 75% heat to FC at 9:30 then 50% heat. Dropped at 11:00. It was fairly fast and I might slow it down next time.

Good luck.

Comment

I just opened my first batch... First impression was the amazing smell - very distinctive indeed. Had it as a latte and piccolo latte; found it very sweet and mild, but so unique! The piccolo was especially good. It can probably use a couple more days rest as I only roasted it 2 days ago, but I love trying new ones at all stages of resting. I'll certainly be trying with the aeropress once it rests a bit longer, I feel like it would be great black!

I roasted using a behmor - stuck with the P2 profile mostly, adding on a minute at the end at 50%. Seemed to go a tad quicker than what I've roasted before. Ended up hitting about CS8 so I'll go a bit darker next time.

Comment

For Columbia La Esperanza is it Wash or Dry Process?

Comment

Originally posted by nobuta View Post
                      For Columbia La Esperanza is it Wash or Dry Process?
                      According to this source Equator Coffees - Colombia Cerro Azul Geisha AAA - 8 oz. it is a "fully washed and sun dried coffee"

Comment

Bought this Colombia La esperanza gesha cerro azul a year ago, I think today is the day to roast it, with a price tag of $65 a kg I better seek some roasting advice from here, anyone had a successful crack at this bean ? it would be nice if you can upload a roasting profile of it for comparision ? thanks in advance.

Comment

G'day mate...

Found these which I hope might be helpful...
                          http://coffeesnobs.com.au/search.php?searchid=1263873

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                          X