Ethiopia Sidamo Ardi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethiopia Sidamo Ardi

I bought a bag of this from Andy at MICE. Roast date 14th March.

Got around to opening it today and pulled a shot. My oh my. Haven't had an espresso this well balanced, tasty and fruity in a while. I was hesitant when I opened the bag as the roast looked very light but its fantastic. Brewed on Alex Leva and using Kony-e it has remarkable body and mouth feel for such a light roast.

The aroma of the beans is sheer bliss, berries and more berries even my wife picked up on it easily.

It's quite crunchy on the bean chew but when you look at a split bean its roasted the same all the way through. Hats off to you sir, thanks Andy.

There's a thread going on about God shots at the moment. Grab a bag of this and you're guaranteed many if you love them fruity.

Thanks again Andy, you made my day. Can't wait for the morning ☺

Yes. I had some at Round Bird can't fly in lilydale. Chum creek roasters (via Andy?) . It's fantastic. Never got to take some home to put through my Alex, sadly.

Comment

I have 2.5kg of green on the way. Guess I'll try 200g at CS8 to start - thank you!

Comment

Ardi CS8+ (on left next to Aceh and Chimanimani). Blueberries; butterscotch aroma and chocolate. Absolutely delicious through pour over. Our new favourite!

Comment

Can you give us tasting notes for the jar on the far right

Comment

Dirt; chicory; sawdust; rancid creme brûlée and hydrochloric acid.

Comment

... some of our guests prefer it - keeps my ego in check. I get the empty jars to put coffee in.

Comment

Ill grab some thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sprezzatura View Post
                  Dirt; chicory; sawdust; rancid creme brûlée and hydrochloric acid.

But did it have floral overtones?

Comment

Rotten orchids perhaps?

Comment

The only thing floral about it is the marketing.

Comment

My first roast with the Ardies.

Im thinking this is far too dark..

What setting can I use on the Behmor which gets me to first crack without so much colour?

Comment

I've done a couple of roasts with this now, both blended 2/3rds Ethiopian Sidamo with 1/3rd Peru Ceja De Selva (post blended). I pulled the sidamo right on first sign of 2c, and the Peru just into 2c. You can smell the sidamo when you open the bag and the shot is amazing. Given I think my Behmor is finally (many 100's of roasts) wearing out (can only just manage 320gm roasts now on 1P2b), I'm calling it as my best roast yet. Certainly by far the most aromatic blend I've produced to date.

Comment

I do a warm up (100; start) then 200g Ardi @ P1 until first snap then P2 until FC goes for :45 to 60 seconds then COOL and crack open the door. I shoot for Ardi at CS7+ and 8 because it tastes amazing through the Hario!

Comment

Originally posted by neofelis View Post
                              My first roast with the Ardies.

Im thinking this is far too dark..

What setting can I use on the Behmor which gets me to first crack without so much colour?
                              Ok, but 'too dark' for what brew method? And don't forget that this is a dry process bean and will show a wide variation in individual

bean roast development. I'd be more guided by how it tastes rather than how it looks; have you sectioned some beans to see

evenness/unevenness of roast internally?

Comment

Working...
                              X