Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10

    Di Lorenzo Cafe - Ahead of the times?

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    The WBC machine has been announced and the Nuovo Simonelli Aurelia will be the" coffee machine from 2009-2011. Meanwhile DiLorenzo Cafe has been supplying the Aurelia to its cafes for years! Its good to see that such a quality machine is being recognised world wide.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10

    *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    *boring blatant plug removed* Caffe - That is all

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    126

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    Are we advertising coffee brands now?


  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    Nah Just had one ey? not bad.

  5. #5
    mwatt
    Guest

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    Pretty sure thats the second time youve posted random pro-*boring blatant plug removed* posts. People get a bit touchy about it on sponsored forums, you know.

    FWIW Ive had ok *boring blatant plug removed* and Ive had rubbish *boring blatant plug removed*, but never great *boring blatant plug removed*.

    And when you say deep...? *:-?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,512

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    Quote Originally Posted by 52485E4B4B3F0 link=1241572478/3#3 date=1241578976
    And when you say deep...?
    "deep in flavour" would be the exact words used as part of the descriptor on their website....I had a laugh



  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    488

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    Quote Originally Posted by 56777C7C7B61120 link=1241572478/4#4 date=1241579704
    Quote Originally Posted by 52485E4B4B3F0 link=1241572478/3#3 date=1241578976
    And when you say deep...?
    "deep in flavour" would be the exact words used as part of the descriptor on their website....I had a laugh


    *
    haha great find! deep coffee - love it!

  8. #8
    Sleep is overrated Thundergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,496

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    Quote Originally Posted by 273D2B3E3E4A0 link=1241572478/3#3 date=1241578976
    Pretty sure thats the second time youve posted random pro-*boring blatant plug removed* posts.
    Possibly the third depending on how you read them. *;)

  9. #9
    CoffeeSnobs Owner Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    16,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Deep Flavoured Coffee

    Deep - as in deep poo poo.

    Quote Originally Posted by 302A3C29295D0 link=1241572478/3#3 date=1241578976
    People get a bit touchy about it on sponsored forums, you know
    Yep, spot-on Michelle, which is why forever more that brand of coffee will now be known as: *boring blatant plug removed*

    :)

    If we let every coffee company, cafe or someone with something to pimp submit pointless, rubbish posts like this then the forums would turn into something akin to commercial TV.

    If your coffee company / cafe want to support the CS community and are happy with honest feedback on your product then talk to us off-line and we *might* remove the word edit.

    If you have come here to learn about coffee and share your found wisdom with others then welcome aboard!

    ...as always, talk about coffee and its processes and we rarely have the need to censor your post.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Rothbury, NSW
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    Quote Originally Posted by 6D4248552C0 link=1241572478/7#7 date=1241604531
    Deep - as in deep poo poo.

    Quote Originally Posted by 302A3C29295D0 link=1241572478/3#3 date=1241578976
    People get a bit touchy about it on sponsored forums, you know
    Yep, spot-on Michelle, which is why forever more that brand of coffee will now be known as: *boring blatant plug removed*

    :)

    If we let every coffee company, cafe or someone with something to pimp submit pointless, rubbish posts like this then the forums would turn into something akin to commercial TV.

    If your coffee company / cafe want to support the CS community and are happy with honest feedback on your product then talk to us off-line and we *might* remove the word edit.

    If you have come here to learn about coffee and share your found wisdom with others then welcome aboard!

    ...as always, talk about coffee and its processes and we rarely have the need to censor your post.
    ;D

    Gold!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    361

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    I managed to piece together what brand of coffee it was. noted to avoid it if possible...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Cafe - Ahead of the times?

    Pretty sure the Aurelias used are WBC spec, not random cafe spec.

    And Starbucks/ Krispy Kreme use La Marzocco, Lineas. What are you trying to say?! Just cos they use that machine doesnt necessarily make that company ahead of the game.


  13. #13
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    Quote Originally Posted by 707B61732C25140 link=1241572478/9#9 date=1241610109
    I managed to piece together what brand of coffee it was. noted to avoid it if possible...
    The Ignore feature is really great for USERS in the forum... Never bothered by a number of users ;D

    Shame it can not be set up for certain brand names etc..

    PS... It is a shame.. It will not let me IGNORE Moderators and ADMINS :D ;D :( :o 8-)

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,949

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Cafe - Ahead of the times?

    Quote Originally Posted by 514D4D5249280 link=1240964599/1#1 date=1241612967
    Pretty sure the Aurelias used are WBC spec, not random cafe spec.

    And Starbucks/ Krispy Kreme use La Marzocco, Lineas. What are you trying to say?! Just cos they use that machine doesnt necessarily make that company ahead of the game.
    Good points.

    The Aurelias that I have been (un)fortunate enough to use have all performed quite differently.

    And, while were at it, wheres the praise for all of the random machines that do a fairly good job, or is praise directly proportional to WBC sponsorship and number of boilers, as opposed to result in the cup? Seems that way to me.

    Cheers,

    Luca

  15. #15
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Just North of Brisbane
    Posts
    943

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    He or she is persistent isnt he or she. *I thought the hint was rather direct but they appear to be a bit slow on the uptake.

    Commercial Machines all have their good and bad points but the coffee produced in the cup comes down to the Barissta and to the quality of the coffee used. *The machine has some input but the coffee and the expertise of the operator is the crucial aspect IMHO.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    488

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    I remember reading an article about the new Aurelia for the WBC and how much of a shock it was for the majority of the WBC fraternity. Now I dont know the exact details and I cant remember where I read it - actually yes I can, I think it was coffeegeek - their review of the Aurelia!! Saying that the La Marzocco had been the machine of choice for a number of years, and the sub-par Aurelia had won the bidding wars for the WBC - which was a shock to many.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7A514B5C525B735F5D735F503E0 link=1241572478/11#11 date=1240964599
    Meanwhile **** Cafe has been supplying the Aurelia to its cafes for years!
    Nice one chief ;) ;)


  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    42

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    Quote Originally Posted by 1A3D2827490 link=1241572478/14#14 date=1241651787
    He or she is persistent isnt he or she. *I thought the hint was rather direct but they appear to be a bit slow on the uptake.
    That post was moved from the first thread they opened

  18. #18
    Sleep is overrated Thundergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,496

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    They have posted the same plug on another coffee forum too.

    Why do people think other people are too dumb to notice what they are up too?
    Do they really think that will do the brand they are plugging any good?
    Look at all the hooha created lately when mainstream advertising agencies have put out marketing using Youtube and the like pretending to be a real person.
    They get their publicity when the truth comes out but Ive yet to see any of them come back and say it translated into increased sales.

    Im guessing their silence means there was a backlash against the brand and sales actually dropped.

  19. #19
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    Quote Originally Posted by 506C716A606176636B60040 link=1241572478/17#17 date=1241662781
    They have posted the same plug on another coffee forum too.

    Why do people think other people are too dumb to notice what they are up too?
    Do they really think that will do the brand they are plugging any good?
    Look at all the hooha created lately when mainstream advertising agencies have put out marketing using Youtube and the like pretending to be a real person.
    They get their publicity when the truth comes out but Ive yet to see any of them come back and say it translated into increased sales.

    Im guessing their silence means there was a backlash against the brand and sales actually dropped.
    Yes, the OP has tried to flog his wares on a number of sites. I guess when the aim is to take rather than contribute, people lose faith as they feel as if they have been [s]spammed[/s] ripped off...

    Fortunately CSers are savvy to this type of post and normally treat it for what it is....i.e garbage....



  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    323

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    Quote Originally Posted by 1D323B392E113D323D3B39313932285C0 link=1241572478/10#10 date=1241617221
    Never bothered by a number of users
    Hello? AM? Can you hear me??? Hahah :P

    Jokes aside...in contrast to the aforementioned, its great to see guys like Mark (au_d2?) who establish sponsorship AND faircrack donations before the first sale is made, even for low volume boutique sales.

    If thats a self regulated CS code of honour, I like it.

  21. #21
    Super Moderator scoota_gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,126

    Re: *boring blatant plug removed* Coffee

    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Quote Originally Posted by 0B242D2F38072B242B2D2F272F243E4A0 link=1241572478/10#10 date=1241617221
    PS... It is a shame.. It will not let me IGNORE Moderators and ADMINS :D ;D :( :o 8-)
    Sometimes...I think that that happens regardless anyway... ::) :P ;D



Similar Threads

  1. A blatant plug for votes
    By tasadam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10th November 2011, 09:04 AM
  2. A plug for a site sponsor - EURO COFFEE
    By Kaldi in forum General Coffee Related...
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th September 2009, 09:12 PM
  3. Auto Edited - boring blatant plug removed
    By Ron in forum General Coffee Related...
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29th August 2009, 01:43 AM
  4. Blatant Plagarism
    By Bidtfaun in forum Roasters
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14th May 2009, 03:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •