Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Barossa Valley S.A.
    Posts
    83

    any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    hi all im looking on fleabay and see a singer coffee machine .i never heard of this machine i know some one on here will know the details im looking at getting it from f/b as no bids on it so far but the seller does know much i asked about the usaul things like do you clean and backflush,descale regulary etc etc .
    relpy was i never used it .
    also asked size of group handle .
    reply whats a group handle have email them to explain and measure for me .im looking *at getting this only as i belong to local country fire service and we are lookin at getting basic coffe machine at station they do not wish to spend too much but im grinding them down.
    most of us a cfs love coffee and hate the crappy instant we currently have to put up with,but our brigade need to fundraiser as we cant fund *the new coffee machine coming from the operational budget ..I had a laugh. pitty could get excellent one if that was the case I had a laugh... ::)
    ok back to fleabay so if anyone knows any info on the singer model sg201 cap .what all i know about it .or if any c/s has a machine that they would like to donate I had a laugh.. i can only ask ( sorry ) .
    let me know. it ends on the 10th @19.56 hrs

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Barossa Valley S.A.
    Posts
    83

    Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    item ended still in the dark on this particular branded machine .oh well still lots out there .
    happy sippin V :-/

  3. #3
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    Quote Originally Posted by 637466747B7B74150 link=1249703638/1#1 date=1250031037
    item ended still in the dark on this particular branded machine .oh well still lots out there .
    happy sippin V *:-/
    Cheep and nasty by the looks..

    Better of with out it.

  4. #4
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    Quote Originally Posted by 322537252A2A25440 link=1249703638/0#0 date=1249703638
    hi all im looking on fleabay and see a singer coffee machine .i never heard of this machine i know some one on here will know the details im looking at getting it from f/b as no bids on it so far but the seller does know much i asked about the usaul things like do you clean and backflush,descale regulary etc etc .
    relpy was i never used it .
    also asked size of group handle .
    reply whats a group handle have email them to explain and measure for me .

    im looking *at getting this only as i belong to local country fire service and we are lookin at getting basic coffe machine at station they do not wish to spend too much but im grinding them down.
    most of us a cfs love coffee and hate the crappy instant we currently have to put up with,but our brigade need to fundraiser as we cant fund *the new coffee machine coming from the operational budget ..I had a laugh.

    pitty could get excellent one if that was the case I had a laugh... ::)

    ok back to fleabay so if anyone knows any info on the singer model sg201 cap .what all i know about it .or if any c/s has a machine that they would like to donate I had a laugh.. i can only ask ( sorry ) .
    let me know. it ends on the 10th @19.56 hrs
    1: You need to define teh $ your interested in spending

    2: You need to define the amount of use as in per day and or in a batch type use..

    3: If they like a coffee and you can get good beans... Them a combo tye machine may be the best option..

    Talk coffee has some great specials going for a combo unit that is going to provide better service than many of teh cheaper system around.. They are also easy to use and maintain...

    It will be worth it in the end..

    If you can get some formal documentation and some level of discussions with teh local country fire service, then a sponsor may be able to offer other options...

    Just a thought.... You can only ask... But do it via a more formal approach... Rather that a one liner as to a donation... It will get lost in teh noise.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Barossa Valley S.A.
    Posts
    83

    Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    thanks AM,
    im still scouting about for my country fire service but the finance management dont want to spent too much im still trying to wear them down though...I had a laugh.... :D
    personally i would like to get a gaggia similar to mine one i brought from Flynn aus, last year but we will see have admin meeting Thursday :o :o :o..
    V

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,520

    Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    agree with AM

    singer should stick to sewing machines :)

    Vasanna you might be better of with a grinder and a plunger instead?

    if you have a real tight budget

    maybe even a "blade" grinder (spice grinder) and a plunger? you might get both at your local vinnes / lifeline store for $10

    teamed with nice fresh beans it would be better than instant imo?

    you can froth you milk in the plunger a bit...........

    gawd i am gonna get banned off CS for that...... ;D

  7. #7
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    Quote Originally Posted by 322537252A2A25440 link=1249703638/4#4 date=1250032502
    thanks AM,
    im still scouting about for my country fire service but the finance management dont want to spent too much im still trying to wear them down though...I had a laugh.... :D
    personally i would like to get a gaggia similar to mine one i brought from Flynn aus, last year but *we will see have admin meeting Thursday :o :o :o..
    V

    As I said in post #3 follow up with sponsors and be aware that not every one will want to manage grinders etc etc... Thus the Lelit Combi.. could be an ideal solution

  8. #8
    Senior Member Koffee_Kosmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,113

    Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    There is a working Rancilio 2 Group (Used - Manual) - $495 @ Barazi

    Is this price in the budget ?
    http://barazi.com.au/Newsflash/Bezzera-Pre-Loved-2nd-Hand-Machines/

    KK

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Barossa Valley S.A.
    Posts
    83

    Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    thanks ...AM,Maheel,KK...
    i reckon good coffee is worth the effort .ATM we are trialing a members breville ( older model number which escapes me ) seems ok.
    we would do between 10- 25 cups per week as station is not always manned .only on call out or when personnel are there doing non emergency duties ( admin ...Me ) or other duties so not overly busy station.
    but after a 3.am vehicle accident ya really need a kick start of caffeine.

    but only 4 people out of the 23 members we have can even use that machine we will need to to workshop on coffee making/machine usage and maintence as i will be the one getting stuck with making or cleaning up the poor machine... I had a laugh.
    management looking at spending maybe $ 300-$ 500
    i was also thinking about letting them have/borrow my old blade grinder and they get a plunger ,as Am suggested will let u know what they say atfer thrusday meeting..

    anyway coffee is a journey ....
    Happy Sippin V ;D

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Javaphile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth!
    Posts
    15,447

    Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    Quote Originally Posted by 20372537383837560 link=1249703638/8#8 date=1250033989
    we would do between 10- 25 cups per week as station is not always manned
    Quote Originally Posted by 20372537383837560 link=1249703638/8#8 date=1250033989
    management looking at spending maybe $ 300-$ 500
    Take a look in the For sale section here. There are a couple of Sunbeam 6900s for sale in there currently that sound like they might be just the ticket for you. Fast to heat up, easy to use, and capable of producing a very nice cuppa. :)


    Java "Matchmaker" phile

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Barossa Valley S.A.
    Posts
    83

    Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    mods plze close this thread gone very O.T. sorry .will create new post more in line with current responses thanks all. will post at later date.
    happy Sippin V



Similar Threads

  1. Info/Reviews of Espresso machines. NO DISCUSSIONS
    By Javaphile in forum Brewing Equipment (non-machine specific)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 1st July 2011, 10:58 AM
  2. PONY MODEL-T espresso machine
    By libradellz in forum Brewing Equipment - Midrange ($500-$1500)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th June 2011, 08:07 PM
  3. DELONGHI PrimaDonna Espresso Coffee Machine Model ESAM6700
    By posbcoffeenut in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21st December 2010, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •