Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Greg41
  • 4 Post By Smee

Thread: how to run a coffee cart with no water supply in shop

  1. #1
    Senior Member summercrema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    266

    how to run a coffee cart with no water supply in shop

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have been looking around for a place to start my little business, today I seem to have find a little space that has enough foot traffic to support the business however when I spoke to the agent he said there is no water to the shop, he said he will consider a coffee cart business but even so I have to work out how to get water to the shop for the espresso machine, I thought of using distill water delivery service but what plumping requirement would I need for it, and there is that stainless steel water tank for storing water as well, advice from anyone truly appreciated.

  2. #2
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: how to run a coffee cart with no water supply in shop

    Quote Originally Posted by 787E66666E7968796E666A0B0 link=1257147234/0#0 date=1257147234
    I have been looking around for a place to start my little business, today I seem to have find a little space that has enough foot traffic to support the business however when I spoke to the agent he said there is no water to the shop, he said he will consider a coffee cart business but even so I have to work out how to get water to the shop for the espresso machine, I thought of using distill water delivery service but what plumping requirement would I need for it, and there is that stainless steel water tank for storing water as well, advice from anyone truly appreciated. *
    Regardless of teh machine.. Washing and cleaning will also require Water and last but not least a DRAIN...

    Distilled water if you want crapy tasting coffee....

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    203

    Re: how to run a coffee cart with no water supply in shop

    Hi there summercrema. I presume your cart should have sink/pump and water storage installed. I have a mobile setup that the hose from my espresso machine just drops into a 20 ltr plastic water container.
    the internal pump of the machine draws from that. I use filtered tank water. 2 x 20ltr containers is ample for a couple hundred shots. Just remember to attach a very fine screen at the end of the hose in case any small particles get into the container. Specialist plumbing suppliers should be able to help. I have done it this way for about 5 years now no prob.

    good luck
    Greg

  4. #4
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    52 Gaine Rd, Dandenong South. VIC 3164
    Posts
    17

    Re: how to run a coffee cart with no water supply in shop

    Hi Guys,

    Running of a tank is a bit risky, Youll find you chew through more pumps, sometimes quite costly. Just do one thing when running off a tank always use a one way valve. On the end of your braided hose thats in the tank screw on a one way valve, this will help prolong your pumps hard life.
    Ask at any plumbing store
    Im sure AM will jump in to tell you why! ;D

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    203

    Re: how to run a coffee cart with no water supply in shop

    Agree with that 9Bar. I did do that at the start but have been guilty of not having one on lately and you can hear the pump strain a bit when first turning the machine on to get it primed. Thanks for the reminder.
    pgrehan likes this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member summercrema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    266

    Re: how to run a coffee cart with no water supply in shop

    Thanks everyone for the input, can someone suggest who can I contact for making a stainless steel water storage tank "food grade" , I think 200 to 300 litres should be enough for a week usage.

  7. #7
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Re: how to run a coffee cart with no water supply in shop

    Summercrema;

    Google coffee carts and you will get a few ideas example http://mvu.com.au/coffee-carts.html
    Remember this goes under food, so you will need a Council approval

    Anything we can help let us know.

    regards

    Renzo
    Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    921

    Re: how to run a coffee cart with no water supply in shop

    Quote Originally Posted by 2D2B33333B2C3D2C3B333F5E0 link=1257147234/5#5 date=1257675478
    Thanks everyone for the input, can someone suggest who can I contact for making a stainless steel water storage tank "food grade" , I think 200 to 300 litres should be enough for a week usage.
    Why do you only want to fill up once per week? There are poly tanks at around 100 litres which will be much cheaper (caravan accessory websites are the go). Also if you are intending to be busy then 300 liters in a week probably wont cut it.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7

    Re: how to run a coffee cart with no water supply in shop

    If you want a stainless steel tank, made to measure, contact designer tanks in Rochester. They deliver to almost anywhere.
    email Glenda: info@designertanks.com.au or 54841094.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3

    Re: how to run a coffee cart with no water supply in shop

    Hi,
    You can get a 12 or a 240V coffee cart pump and pair that with a food grade plastic water tank. You won't get through much water even when you need water at the sink so 100 litres is usually plenty. You could use a water bladder like the Plastimo bladders if you have a spot for it. Add a screen filter to your inlet line to the pump and maybe an accumulator tank if the pump is bigger that 8-10 litres per minute. That should give you a sweet set up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by summercrema View Post
    I have been looking around for a place to start my little business, today I seem to have find a little space that has enough foot traffic to support the business however when I spoke to the agent he said there is no water to the shop, he said he will consider a coffee cart business but even so I have to work out how to get water to the shop for the espresso machine, I thought of using distill water delivery service but what plumping requirement would I need for it, and there is that stainless steel water tank for storing water as well, advice from anyone truly appreciated.

  11. #11
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    320
    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Quote Originally Posted by beccarivers View Post
    Hi,
    You can get a 12 or a 240V coffee cart pump and pair that with a food grade plastic water tank. You won't get through much water even when you need water at the sink so 100 litres is usually plenty. You could use a water bladder like the Plastimo bladders if you have a spot for it. Add a screen filter to your inlet line to the pump and maybe an accumulator tank if the pump is bigger that 8-10 litres per minute. That should give you a sweet set up!!

    I hope ole he's still not trying to figure out that 'project' seven years on
    Dimal, Logga, MrJack and 1 others like this.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 31st May 2011, 03:28 AM
  2. Why Do Cafe Owners Sign Coffee Supply Contracts
    By DiBella in forum General Coffee Related...
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 17th August 2009, 05:28 AM
  3. water supply pressure for Bezzera BZ35
    By thebigchuckster in forum Brewing Equipment - Extreme Machines ($3000+)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29th July 2008, 10:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •