Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Any PID fitters in Melbourne?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    148

    Any PID fitters in Melbourne?

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Ive spent quite a long time looking round the site for this but cant find anything.
    Anyone know of someone/some shop who is willing to fit a PID kit to a Silvia in Melbourne?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member Koffee_Kosmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,113

    Re: Any PID fitters in Melbourne?

    Quote Originally Posted by 7376756060716678716D140 link=1275521372/0#0 date=1275521372
    Ive spent quite a long time looking round the site for this but cant find anything.
    Anyone know of someone/some shop who is willing to fit a PID kit to a Silvia in Melbourne?
    Thanks

    Try calling 9Bar or Talk Coffee

    KK

  3. #3
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: Any PID fitters in Melbourne?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4A6E676764645E4A6E726C6E010 link=1275521372/1#1 date=1275522898
    Quote Originally Posted by 7376756060716678716D140 link=1275521372/0#0 date=1275521372
    Ive spent quite a long time looking round the site for this but cant find anything.
    Anyone know of someone/some shop who is willing to fit a PID kit to a Silvia in Melbourne?
    Thanks

    Try calling 9Bar or Talk Coffee

    KK
    ...or alternately, spend the $$$ and buy a PIDkits one...

    Jims workmanship is excellent and the supplied instructions and DVD could just ablut be given to a 12 year old as a school holiday project ;)

    Were happy to fit one of Jims kits if required.

    Chris

  4. #4
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Any PID fitters in Melbourne?

    Quote Originally Posted by 050003161607100E071B620 link=1275521372/0#0 date=1275521372
    Ive spent quite a long time looking round the site for this but cant find anything.
    Anyone know of someone/some shop who is willing to fit a PID kit to a Silvia in Melbourne?
    Thanks
    At least ya doing teh right thing...

    1: Getting a experienced / qualified person involved..

    2: Yes ya can do it on the cheep..

    3: Go the sponsor PID Kits

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    148

    Re: Any PID fitters in Melbourne?

    Many thanks for the advice. Ive seen some Auber kits on an auction site I think Ill get one and then pay someone to install it for me. Just deciding how much of a difference the pre-infusion and steam temp control are worth paying the extra for.

  6. #6
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: Any PID fitters in Melbourne?

    Quote Originally Posted by 787D7E6B6B7A6D737A661F0 link=1275521372/4#4 date=1275530883
    Many thanks for the advice. Ive seen some Auber kits on an auction site I think Ill get one and then pay someone to install it for me. Just deciding how much of a difference the pre-infusion and steam temp control are worth paying the extra for.
    Go for it....NB we fit PIDkits gear only...

    Chris

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Port Fairy
    Posts
    2,993

    Re: Any PID fitters in Melbourne?

    Time for some research for you I think ;) Search for preinfusion as a topic here and elsewhere for a heap of reading. Steam temp control wouldnt worry about it the hotter you get the more steam you get but the longer it takes to get back down to doing shots again.

    The PID kits website is definately worth a read as Jim has put a lot of time and effort into getting it right and making it easy. If you save a few $$ and cause yourself pain and suffering then is it worth it.

    If it were me I would be keeping an eye out for a good second hand HX machine here and selling the Silvia without the PID. While it will cost you a few more $$ consider the time spent waiting to shot to steam and back again with the Silvia compared to no waiting with a HX.

  8. #8
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Any PID fitters in Melbourne?

    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Quote Originally Posted by 5255515E565C49595E57300 link=1275521372/6#6 date=1275543972
    Time for some research for you I think ;) Search for preinfusion as a topic here and elsewhere for a heap of reading. Steam temp control wouldnt worry about it the hotter you get the more steam you get but the longer it takes to get back down to doing shots again.

    The PID kits website is definately worth a read as Jim has put a lot of time and effort into getting it right and making it easy. If you save a few $$ and cause yourself pain and suffering then is it worth it.

    If it were me I would be keeping an eye out for a good second hand HX machine here and selling the Silvia without the PID. While it will cost you a few more $$ consider the time spent waiting to shot to steam and back again with the Silvia compared to no waiting with a HX.
    BF... Ya on the money...

    But if ya want a good price on flee bay... *The PID term *will attract the moths.. and the $$$ may go up enough; to recover the $$ spent.

    Save the $$ and put towards a HX.. *Better bang for bucks over time.



Similar Threads

  1. Melbourne here I come........
    By greenman in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14th April 2010, 07:19 PM
  2. Where to look in melbourne
    By millys_coffee in forum General Coffee Related...
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th February 2009, 09:02 PM
  3. What to do in Melbourne?!
    By yeeza in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 8th October 2008, 09:56 PM
  4. so, where do i go in Melbourne...
    By mr_gimlet in forum Brewing Equipment (non-machine specific)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22nd January 2006, 12:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •