I went through a curve that went from:
1. An Instant coffee-style drink made allegedly from 43 beans (once only)
2. No Coffee
3. Armenian Coffee (for 3 months - very strong and sweet)
4. Greek and Turkish coffee (trying to relive the Armenian experience)
5. Espresso with sugar from Cafes
7. Stovetop espresso with Lavazza Crema E Gusto
8. A 2-year search in Perth City until I found a cafe serving 5-Senses - I bought both espresso and beans from this place.
9. Home roasting in a wok - Faema Family machine for drinks (2 years ago)
10. Popper (August 2006) and a Presso
11. Correttod BM/HG (2-weeks ago)
The most profound influences have been:
That first Armenian Coffee - home roasted and home ground
5-Senses - Freshly roasted coffee
Both of these drove me to seek better coffee more than anything else.