Results 1 to 40 of 40

Thread: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    433

    Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Last night on NZs TV3 Campbell Live (news style program) he featured an article on NZ coffee machine repair agents "Espresso Engineers" based in Auckland that claimed approx 1 in 4 commercial coffee machines that they get in for service / repair are infested with cockroaches.

    During the program, they unwrapped a rather nice looking Vibiemme 2 group machine (was shrink wrapped), removed the rear panel and sure enough, a nice little "family" of roaches.

    It was amazing the places they hid, inside switch boxes, covers etc. They were quickly dealt with thanks to a blow torch (you could almost hear the crackling) but still its pretty gross.

    The machine they demonstrated with didnt look that dirty even. They showed an example of lime scale buildup (gross out stuff) as well as a machine that was obviously not loved much (looked like years of coffee dust / oil spread right throughout the inner workings of the machine).

    1 in 4 seems a high number of machines to be infested. Is it similar in Aus or is it even an issue?

    Sen


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    441

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Along similar lines, we recently noticed that the only part of our kitchen with cobwebs (and spiders) was directly above the VBM (which is on 12 hours a day and would provide a nice warm draft of air)... All gone now ;)

    Amazing how quickly things adapt to us oomans...
    Cheers
    Stuart.

  3. #3
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 07313A35203B26540 link=1242694976/0#0 date=1242694976
    Last night on NZs TV3 Campbell Live (news style program) he featured an article on NZ coffee machine repair agents "Espresso Engineers" based in Auckland that claimed approx 1 in 4 commercial coffee machines that they get in for service / repair are infested with cockroaches.

    During the program, they unwrapped a rather nice looking Vibiemme 2 group machine (was shrink wrapped), removed the rear panel and sure enough, a nice little "family" of roaches.

    It was amazing the places they hid, inside switch boxes, covers etc. They were quickly dealt with thanks to a blow torch (you could almost hear the crackling) but still its pretty gross.

    The machine they demonstrated with didnt look that dirty even. They showed an example of lime scale buildup (gross out stuff) as well as a machine that was obviously not loved much (looked like years of coffee dust / oil spread right throughout the inner workings of the machine).

    1 in 4 seems a high number of machines to be infested. Is it similar in Aus or is it even an issue?

    Sen
    With the best intentions, one will never rid your self of any number of pests; for many reasons..

    Most white goods that have electronic ccts and LCD displays, that are left in stand by will harbor any number of uninvited guests.. *It is interesting as some have also suggested that it is the frequencies as well as the magnetic forces that are given off that attract them..

    My take as to WHY ?

    Well, its a safe environment and there is WARMTH.. *Yes, those few electrons that are just wasting up power to keep the Digital clock going; make a great place to reside. *You and I may not detect the wormth and change in humidity, but I bet they can and do.

    We have brand new Medical instruments that attract all sorts of insects and other beings, within a short period of time.

    Further more, even cockroaches are are part of a food chain... Thus they attract others - Lizards and mice and then snakes or even bigger lizards....

    Common sense really... But every one wants to blame some one for what they often see as dirty, but is just nature doing its thing...

    If you were to take a close look at teh bugs on your skin or *what goes on in your mouth... OH BOY.... *That is why a bite form even another human is such an issue for the spread of disease and or infection.

    WTF... *Thats done it... Next time my wife wants to kiss me *:-* *... *The answer is NO!





  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Port Fairy
    Posts
    2,993

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    In our case Earwigs under points of pressure switches or in between centrifugal switches on electric motors or in extreme cases snails blocking the fans of external pump motors :P

    Most horrid thing I have found in electrical equipment was two mice in the evaporation tray of a fridge I was moving where the mice were laying over the heating coils :P :P :P :P :P :P

    The Cockroach thing should be a heads up for the Sydney CS crew ;)

  5. #5
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2621252A22283D2D2A23440 link=1242694976/3#3 date=1242696203
    In our case Earwigs under points of pressure switches or in between centrifugal switches on electric motors or in extreme cases snails blocking the fans of external pump motors *:P

    Most horrid thing I have found in electrical equipment was two mice in the evaporation tray of a fridge I was moving where the mice were laying over the heating coils *:P :P :P :P :P :P

    The Cockroach thing should be a heads up for the Sydney CS crew ;)
    Na...

    It is really about the Cane Toads and Cockroaches

    http://cockroachvscanetoad.centrebet.com/jpplay

    Now if the Streaker was in a sheep skin, I guess the all blacks might stand a chance...

    Sorry... Could not resist...

  6. #6
    Senior Member flynnaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,096

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1B2D26293C273A480 link=1242694976/0#0 date=1242694976
    1 in 4 seems a high number of machines to be infested
    Being somewhat of a mathematician I am sceptical of statistical claims like this reported in the news.

    How is the figure reached? Did they happen to have 8 machines in the shop at the time of reporting and two of them had cockroaches? Perhaps the two that did came from the same shop? Would you really remove the cockroaches by burning them out?



    Sorry, this sends my skeptometerTM into the red. I would be happy to be corrected - no, hang on perhaps I wouldnt be, given the nature of the story

    Given the temperatures that espresso machines can reach, could cockies survive in them? Refrigeration equipment I can understand as they can provide warm dark places.

  7. #7
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Frenchs Forest NSW
    Posts
    748

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3F35203737382C2A590 link=1242694976/5#5 date=1242697087
    Given the temperatures that espresso machines can reach, could cockies survive in them? *
    Yes. Unfortunately. For anyone that has to open them up *:(

    charlie

  8. #8
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 7C766374747B6F691A0 link=1242694976/5#5 date=1242697087
    Quote Originally Posted by 1B2D26293C273A480 link=1242694976/0#0 date=1242694976
    1 in 4 seems a high number of machines to be infested
    Being somewhat of a mathematician I am sceptical of statistical claims like this reported in the news.

    How is the figure reached? Did they happen to have 8 machines in the shop at the time of reporting and two of them had cockroaches? Perhaps the two that did came from the same shop? Would you really remove the cockroaches by burning them out?

    Sorry, this sends my skeptometerTM into the red. I would be happy to be corrected - no, hang on perhaps I wouldnt be, given the nature of the story

    Given the temperatures that espresso machines can reach, could cockies survive in them? Refrigeration equipment I can understand as they can provide warm dark places.
    Cockroaches can survive in many places.. And at extremes that you and I can not..

    I would suggest that 1 in 4 is light on.. Further more I would suggest that any of teh Coffee machine Tecs would be able to attest to that.

    I have worked on many Microwaves, and have yet to find one that either did not have active cockroaches or significant evidence of them being there.. Many of the key pads cct boards etc etc are just covered in the markings and facial matter... It is also the MAIN reason why the key pads on Microwaves and Stereo systems fail..

    I would suggest the same for Commercial Coffee machine key pads and have seen the same on home systems..

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    433

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    It possibly was a little self serving (their claim of 1 in 4) in that they could be trying to get people to send in machines for servicing that might not have otherwise done so, but even so.

    The engineeer reported that the heat inside the machines is definitely what attracted them.

    Unfortunately the article isnt yet available on their website

  10. #10
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 47717A75607B66140 link=1242694976/8#8 date=1242698322
    It possibly was a little self serving (their claim of 1 in 4) in that they could be trying to get people to send in machines for servicing that might not have otherwise done so, but even so.

    The engineeer reported that the heat inside the machines is definitely what attracted them.

    Unfortunately the article isnt yet available on their website
    See my post/s above...

    Not self serving... *It is just that people do not understand and or think they are cleaner than they are. *:o :o :o :o

    I am 100% confident in saying that cockroaches and many other insects etc make full use of what we offer them... That is why they have been around for so long and will be still around after we have laid waste to what we have.

    For that matter, most PCs I open up, have signs of cockroaches and or other insects.. *For some people, it is just a issue of they can not see the trees for the forest. Or choose to think they are clean.. We are not....

    For that matter the last time we had a major blow out in the IT coms room it was cockroaches in our main cisco rack... *Once we had the AC upgraded and set to a nice 16 - 18, they left the imitate area.. *We did not solve teh big issue, we just moved them on to a more suitable place..

    You spray for cockroaches in a block of flats... Do you kill them all... NO WAY.. *They just move out and next door. *They then spray and the game of chase just keeps going.

    That is life.



  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    433

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    The blowtorch the techie used seemed to be most effective.......

  12. #12
    Senior Member flynnaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,096

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 77414A45504B56240 link=1242694976/10#10 date=1242701744
    The blowtorch the techie used seemed to be most effective.......
    No doubts about the extermination potential of applying the blowtorch. What about the messy aftermath?

  13. #13
    pingusam
    Guest

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    For real? I thought it would be 1/4 not infested, at best. Guys, lets be honest, insects and creepy crawlies of all natures are everywhere, and think about the environment were offering them:

    • warmth
    • moisture
    • food
    • darkness


    Maybe Im desensitised because Ive worked in bakeries and other food places, but these things can (and almost surely will) happen. We have to fight it as best we can, but...

    Well, can you safely say there are no cockroaches in your home? Its pretty hard, really, for anyone.

  14. #14
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 51484F465452404C210 link=1242694976/12#12 date=1242702611
    For real? I thought it would be 1/4 not infested, at best. Guys, lets be honest, insects and creepy crawlies of all natures are everywhere, and think about the environment were offering them:

    • warmth
    • moisture
    • food
    • darkness


    Maybe Im desensitised because Ive worked in bakeries and other food places, but these things can (and almost surely will) happen. We have to fight it as best we can, but...

    Well, can you safely say there are no cockroaches in your home? Its pretty hard, really, for anyone.
    I think you may be on to something there.. And I reckon that ALL of us will suggest that we in the 1/4 that are clean..

    Now whos game to really have a look ;D

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,334

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 5F55405757584C4A390 link=1242694976/5#5 date=1242697087
    Given the temperatures that espresso machines can reach, could cockies survive in them? Refrigeration equipment I can understand as they can provide warm dark places. *
    Theres an urban legend that if the whole world was nuked, the only things that would be able to survive are cockroaches. This was tested on MythBusters...awesome show! Even after taking on radiation 2 times the amount enough to kill a human, they survived.

    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-6cIy_s8pQ[/media]

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    623

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    We had a domestic machine returned that did not work at all. The control box was so full of cockies that they exploded out of the box when it was opened.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    558

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Thats just nasty

    Id better go check mine ;D

  18. #18
    Sleep is overrated Thundergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,496

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 694B4D56515B4D3E0 link=1242694976/14#14 date=1242709063
    Even after taking on radiation 2 times the amount enough to kill a human, they survived.
    Actually they said 70% survived at 10 times the radiation and 50% survived at 100 times.

  19. #19
    pingusam
    Guest

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    I dont know about you guys, but in my Silvia at least the radiation chamber is cleaned daily and pretty sealed off anyway, so no chance of that helping to kill cockies :(

  20. #20
    CoffeeSnobs Owner Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    16,845
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?


    Quote Originally Posted by 465F58514345575B360 link=1242694976/12#12 date=1242702611
    Well, can you safely say there are no cockroaches in your home? Its pretty hard, really, for anyone.
    ...unless you live far enough south and never see domestic roachs. The closest we get are the native little brown ones in the garden.

    Quote Originally Posted by 6143455E595345360 link=1242694976/14#14 date=1242709063
    enough to kill a human, they survived.
    Can you microwave em?

    Sounds like a job for a "7/11 microwave" up north.
    8-)

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    203

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 123D372A530 link=1242694976/19#19 date=1242723003
    Can you microwave em?

    Sounds like a job for a "7/11 microwave" up north.
    I saw somewhere that ants can survive in a microwave. Thay are able to dodge the microwaves somehow. I think it was Dr Karl Kruszelnicki. Wouldnt be surprised if cockroaches could do the same.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    437

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Eeew. Ick. Bleugh. NOOooooo!!!

    How many covers do I have to pull off in my machine to make sure theyre not there yet? Ive done the big one several times, but any of the littlies? Hmm. Time for another cover-off discovery channel expedition.

    So long as theyre not in my water source, boiler, steam arm, E61 grouphead or my cup... maybe Id rather not know. Maybe Ill just choose to stay ignorant for a bit longer ;D.

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    75

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Cochies in the machine was also another reason why were never supposed to keep chocolate shakers on top of a coffee machine. Apparently the choc dust gets on the wiring and cochroaches have been known to chew through the wiring short-circuiting the machine- as related to me by a coffee tech who serviced machines on the Gold Coast.

    Another thing that were not supposed to have on top of the machine is vessels filled with liquids. I used to keep telling this one dude I trained not to put preheated cups filled with hot water on top of the machine- and hed never listen! Luckily there were no spills and therefore no dead linea, and no lost earnings.

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    466

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 323D270C3D32383637303C35353636530 link=1242694976/22#22 date=1242731239
    Cochies in the machine was also another reason why were never supposed to keep chocolate shakers on top of a coffee machine. *Apparently the choc dust gets on the wiring and cochroaches have been known to chew through the wiring short-circuiting the machine- as related to me by a coffee tech who serviced machines on the Gold Coast. *
    Thanks - never thought of that one but it makes sense. I for one will stop doing that :-[ . The place Im working at the moment is really quite tight behind the bar but Im sure Ill find a spot.

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    78

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Cleaning my Silvia last year I removed the water tank and disturbed a large cockie from under that metal plate area. Of course he didnt survive long. I sprayed the area with some surface pest spray so hope that resolved the matter.

  26. #26
    Super Moderator scoota_gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,126

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    We get all our Cockroaches from Sydney. ;D

    I kid you not.

    The darn things come up in the boxes. They live and breed in the box linings, in between the corrugations. Up here, we generally only have the native wood roaches too...the others come up for holidays thanks to freight!

    I can also prove the warm dark places theory.

    We had to have one of our dishwashers retired due to the infestation of the darn things behind the electronic circuit board.

    Meanwhile, the current dishwasher has a problem with mice...but I wont say much more than that for fear of grossing too many people out...except, that there is a mice plague in the country at the moment...dont believe that there isnt! ::)

  27. #27
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4555595942576951575A360 link=1242694976/25#25 date=1242825134
    there is a mice plague in the country at the moment...dont believe that there isnt! *
    Any old age nursing homes out your way... Damm.... Work snuck in on me again...

    I should be taken out that back and forced to ride a Bultaco 250 trials bike, with a broken right foot ;)



  28. #28
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Just North of Brisbane
    Posts
    943

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Do they still make Bultacos. My we are showing our ages. My last was a Z1.

    Vermin can survive anywhere and all you can do is reduce the numbers occassionaly. Keeping the area clean helps but does not make one safe from the little pests.

  29. #29
    Super Moderator scoota_gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,126

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 002F2624330C202F2026242C242F35410 link=1242694976/26#26 date=1242826978
    Quote Originally Posted by 4555595942576951575A360 link=1242694976/25#25 date=1242825134
    there is a mice plague in the country at the moment...dont believe that there isnt!
    Any old age nursing homes out your way... Damm.... Work snuck in on me again...

    I should be taken out that back and forced to ride a Bultaco 250 trials bike, with a broken right foot ;)

    Yes there is one in town. But I am led to believe (from a reliable source) that the old age nursing home you could be referring to was actually a very new home...so it just goes to show that the mice are bad at the moment...not just old places infected... :o

  30. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    366

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Ahhh, cockies. When we arent giving em a hiding in the footy, we find the little chappies infesting the undersides and openings of clock radios on the bench, portable CD players (particularly finding the battery compartments and adjoining spaces quite comfortable) and assorted electrical devices. The stench of Mortein hangs heavy afterwards.

    Thanks for the reminder to check my machines.

  31. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    370

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Working in the shopping malls, i have seen many things that run, crawl, fly and slither. A mate had a Coffee shop at One in Coffs and i had to do some work for him after trading hours, when he pulled the Fridge out about 100 cockies scampered away, he was horrified and embarrassed.
    I explained to him that it was a fact of life and that one of the apprentice electricians I knew said that the only things in the roof space at this center larger than rats were the cockies.
    We had a Tassie based bakery Franchise in another center and the bakers used to have the front doors open early in the mornings, they played cricket with the rats coming out of the drains in the road making a rush for the front doors, rats nearly chewed through the mains cable running to the 140 amp switchboard. Funny enough the place went broke for various reasons and one of the only things not chewed or eaten after sitting there for 5 months locked up was a large *10kg? opened box of cooking Margarine.

    Lots of shops dont take Coca Cola boxes inside as the Cockies come in the corrugations of the cardboard..
    ps dont get me started on rats with wings -- Pigeons ::)

    Another Bultaco owner *
    *

  32. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0716031A1D530 link=1242694976/30#30 date=1243121374
    when he pulled the Fridge out about 100 cockies scampered away, he was horrified and embarrassed.
    Eeew!

    We consistently get compliments about particular things in our shop:

    a) the coffee
    b) the ambience
    c) the slices and cookies, and
    d) that its so clean

    These things are important to me and obviously to our patrons too. Perhaps Im just deluding myself, but despite the fact that cockies are a natural part of life, I really think they can at least be minimised.

    General cleaning, vacuuming, mopping with bleach, etc. are a frequent routine at the shop, as well as lots of strategically placed baits that are replaced every couple of months.

    I accept that theres probably nothing you can do about the occasional cockie, but 100s is an infestation, and unless there happens to be a plague, its just downright dirty.


  33. #33
    Senior Member Koffee_Kosmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,113

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4F595C5C4D4F434A4A49492C0 link=1242694976/31#31 date=1243134922
    General cleaning, vacuuming, mopping with bleach, etc. are a frequent routine at the shop, as well as lots of strategically placed baits that are replaced every couple of months.

    I accept that theres probably nothing you can do about the occasional cockie, but 100s is an infestation, and unless there happens to be a plague, its just downright dirty.
    I work in the building maintenance industry
    Although not directly involved in pest control
    I do believe that the cleaner the building is the less chance of an infestation
    I have not mentioned this in any posts but I am fully trained and accredited to clean and sterilize operating theatres in hospitals & have 5+ years working for and in medical centres

    The trick to a clean environment is to
    remove any potential source of food even in dust or liquid form
    have all equipment above the floor level or -
    have equipment on wheels for regular cleans behind those areas

    The list is long but it essentially involves that by making it easier to clean any environment *you limit any chance that any nasties will take up residence

    Industrial areas with a rat problem can also be controlled with good storage husbandry (if I can borrow that term)

    To many people think that to visually clean the work area is all that is required
    "They are wrong"

    KK

  34. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    370

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Re Coffee Snobs with Bultacos.. Or other Spanish Bikes - Ossa or Montessa


    Talk, Boys and Girls in another field!

  35. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 544550494E000 link=1242694976/33#33 date=1243158414
    Re Coffee Snobs with Bultacos.. Or other Spanish Bikes - Ossa or Montessa


    Talk, Boys and Girls in another field!
    Huh? :-? I dont get this at all.

  36. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    440

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Its a reference to motor bikes; mentioned by Anger Management about 9 posts up.

  37. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    75

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    There was an old trick that a hospitality mentor of mine by the name of Jeremy mentioned. If you go to a restaurant and head out the back and check their garbage, see if its arranged cleanly- i.e. bins not overflowing and foodscraps and liquids all over the place. By analogy if that section is clean the kitchen is more likely to be well looked after. Pretty good trick, but Ive never been pedantic enough to do it myself.

  38. #38
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by 222D371C2D22282627202C25252626430 link=1242694976/36#36 date=1243244117
    There was an old trick that a hospitality mentor of mine by the name of Jeremy mentioned. *If you go to a restaurant and head out the back and check their garbage, see if its arranged cleanly- i.e. bins not overflowing and foodscraps and liquids all over the place. *By analogy if that section is clean the kitchen is more likely to be well looked after. *Pretty good trick, but Ive never been pedantic enough to do it myself. *
    I would suggest you about right...

    Some areas do get trashed by others but in general a good call... That being so, I must take a walk out back next time i am over at you place of employment [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

    I mean after teh footpath and teh fact that I had to do that [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

  39. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    61

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    I remember about 20 years ago I was talking to one of the blokes who serviced the then ubiquitous Cafe Bar machines and he said that in the ones that werent serviced every week you were not only likely to find a cockroach farm but the instant coffee was more cockie faeces than coffee.

    A warning if you attend workshops in older meeting rooms where the things are still to be found.

  40. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    723

    Re: Would Sir like Cockroaches with that?

    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Ive actually been given a Krups espresso machine so affected by cockies that it had shorted all electronics. Some were live, some had died of voltage, others Im not sure about. Suffice to say it was a good introduction to "buy to last, not to impress" rule of coffee purchases.

    Ive also seen spiders short out an ISDN line, ants cause a gas leak and a rat pop out of an exhaust :-/

    ...and i dont even like these things!



Similar Threads

  1. Do cockroaches like fresh roasted/ground coffee?
    By Stoveboy in forum General Coffee Related...
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13th March 2007, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •