Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Home Coffee Cart

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    361

    Home Coffee Cart

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Have just finished building a new house, and its looking good, but kitchen bench space is at a bit of a premium and I wasnt allowed to setup my coffee stuff (granted, it takes up a bit of room). While walking through IKEA, I found a cool looking wooden cart and thought it would be perfect as I could move it around as required. The wood was a light beech colour, and I couldnt be bothered sanding it right back to stain it, so I grabbed some spray paint. The colour said it was chocolate brown, but I figured it should be coffee brown really (although the paint was from Germany, the land of chocolate). Anyway, its all done and it looks pretty good for under $200 so I figured Id post it up for others who dont have enough room to do their coffee thing to be inspired...


  2. #2
    Senior Member Koffee_Kosmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,113

    Re: Home Coffee Cart

    Quote Originally Posted by 7E756F7D222B1A0 link=1264659829/0#0 date=1264659829
    Have just finished building a new house, and its looking good, but kitchen bench space is at a bit of a premium and I wasnt allowed to setup my coffee stuff (granted, it takes up a bit of room). While walking through IKEA, I found a cool looking wooden cart and thought it would be perfect as I could move it around as required. The wood was a light beech colour, and I couldnt be bothered sanding it right back to stain it, so I grabbed some spray paint. The colour said it was chocolate brown, but I figured it should be coffee brown really (although the paint was from Germany, the land of chocolate). Anyway, its all done and it looks pretty good for under $200 so I figured Id post it up for others who dont have enough room to do their coffee thing to be inspired...
    I would say that is a successful job and a sound idea for those of CSers that need extra bench space

    As long as it can be wheeled between rooms by way of fitting through doorways

    KK

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    488

    Re: Home Coffee Cart

    Nice work doug! Im renting and dont have the height or bench space to fit my coffee gear either - and I have surprisingly utilised exactly the same cart! Found a cheapy on gumtree and it has worked a treat ever since. I would like a little bit more depth, but having the draws to tuck anything away that would create clutter, plus being able to have bean storage all in the one unit is great!

    I currently dont have any towels down, but Im looking for what I like to call the hazchem - a pub beer mat that is actually a coffee mat.

  4. #4
    Sleep is overrated Thundergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,496

    Re: Home Coffee Cart

    Quote Originally Posted by 2823392B747D4C0 link=1264659829/0#0 date=1264659829
    The colour said it was chocolate brown, but I figured it should be coffee brown really
    Looks to be about CS7-8 to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2E26292F277D784C0 link=1264659829/2#2 date=1264660461
    I currently dont have any towels down, but Im looking for what I like to call the hazchem - a pub beer mat that is actually a coffee mat.
    I have some tea towels with a coffee motif.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    64

    Re: Home Coffee Cart

    Thats not a bad look :) Might have to show the wife and get her off my back about the coffee machine and grinder taking up valuable kitchen real estate

    Thanks for the pictures :D

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    361

    Re: Home Coffee Cart

    Quote Originally Posted by 16323B3B38380216322E30325D0 link=1264659829/1#1 date=1264660407

    As long as it can be wheeled between rooms by way of fitting through doorways

    KK
    yep, only 43cm wide. fits my mazzer mini and silvia perfectly, but if youve got larger stuff you might struggle, or youd have to put another bit of wood ontop for more room. the drawers are very handy for all the bits and pieces, and having a shelf for roasted and a shelf for green is a great space saver/organiser.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    59

    Re: Home Coffee Cart

    Nice work Doug, may have to take a trip down to ikea. i to have space issues ;)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    107

    Re: Home Coffee Cart

    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Could be good for the office too! Some places Ive worked would have just enough space between the desks for this to live when not in use. If only there was somewhere to lock it away at night though.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 31st May 2011, 04:28 AM
  2. Home Coffee Cart, mobile
    By koligi in forum Brewing Equipment - Extreme Machines ($3000+)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9th February 2011, 08:44 PM
  3. My Home Coffee Cart (by request)
    By Randy_G. in forum Brewing Equipment (non-machine specific)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20th October 2008, 02:51 PM
  4. coffee cart set up
    By shanes_espresso in forum General Coffee Related...
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th March 2008, 07:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •