Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

  1. #1
    joe
    joe is offline
    Senior Member joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    241

    Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Segment on growing and looking after a coffee tree. Might be worthwhile if you ordered a tree from Chris.

  2. #2
    CoffeeSnobs Owner Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    16,838
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10


    It looks like todays episode is being shown tomorrow at 1pm.
    (it is in Vic at least)

  3. #3
    levercrema
    Guest

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    Quote Originally Posted by 64616B0E0 link=1265448179/0#0 date=1265448179
    Segment on growing and looking after a coffee tree. Might be worthwhile if you ordered a tree from Chris.
    I think Ill pull out all our olive trees and plant coffee trees instead. Reckon Ive got room for about twenty. Talk about fresh coffee in the morning! How soon after picking can you roast the beans?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    107

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    Quote Originally Posted by 0F061506110011060E02630 link=1265448179/2#2 date=1265449668
    I think Ill pull out all our olive trees and plant coffee trees instead. Reckon Ive got room for about twenty.
    Just wondering if you saw the segment DrDregs? I ask because Jerry (the guy who did the report) spoke about the trees having potential to be quite a weed. That is, the seeds germinate very easily. Depending on where you live you might just have those 20 quicker than you thought!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    104

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    For those who missed it, it on Iview and with certain ISPs that means free streaming. It only stays active for 2 weeks however.

    I finally got time to watch, the episode and noticed it was for next week.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    366

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10



    Quote Originally Posted by 79706370677667707874150 link=1265448179/2#2 date=1265449668
    Quote Originally Posted by 64616B0E0 link=1265448179/0#0 date=1265448179
    Segment on growing and looking after a coffee tree. Might be worthwhile if you ordered a tree from Chris. *
    I think Ill pull out all our olive trees and plant coffee trees instead. Reckon Ive got room for about twenty. Talk about fresh coffee in the morning! How soon after picking can you roast the beans?
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1202128835

    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1251367805

    DrDreegs, youll find plenty of info to answer your question in both these threads.

  7. #7
    levercrema
    Guest

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    Quote Originally Posted by 5E5A5D5C350 link=1265448179/3#3 date=1265453541
    Just wondering if you saw the segment DrDregs? *I ask because Jerry (the guy who did the report) spoke about the trees having potential to be quite a weed. *That is, the seeds germinate very easily. *Depending on where you live you might just have those 20 quicker than you thought! *
    I did see the episode. We have over 3 acres of native and exotic gardens and a comprehensive weed management program - we pull em out...or just harvest the germinates :) And thanks Pierre - Ill read the threads.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    107

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    Quote Originally Posted by 262F3C2F3829382F272B4A0 link=1265448179/6#6 date=1265535926
    Quote Originally Posted by 5E5A5D5C350 link=1265448179/3#3 date=1265453541
    Just wondering if you saw the segment DrDregs? *I ask because Jerry (the guy who did the report) spoke about the trees having potential to be quite a weed. *That is, the seeds germinate very easily. *Depending on where you live you might just have those 20 quicker than you thought! *
    I did see the episode. We have over 3 acres of native and exotic gardens and a comprehensive weed management program - *we pull em out...or just harvest the germinates :) And thanks Pierre - Ill read the threads.
    Oh, lovely. I like the sound of your weed management program - it includes the vital "we". The weed management program here only seems to include the word "I", being me! Enjoy and good luck!

  9. #9
    levercrema
    Guest

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    Quote Originally Posted by 282C2B2A430 link=1265448179/7#7 date=1265538356
    Oh, lovely. I like the sound of your weed management program - it includes the vital "we". The weed management program here only seems to include the word "I", being me! *Enjoy and good luck!
    Thanks - I had a laugh Ive been sprung. My better half says "What do you mean we? You point and I pull". Definately going to plant some coffee trees though. Will read up and hopefully have a mini plantation going by next year - ouch!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    366

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    Was a little disappointed in the segment...I had thought it may have included a little more than a practical demonstartion on how to pull out a weed.

  11. #11
    brett230873
    Guest

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    Quote Originally Posted by 626E6B7F666A7D7D6A3F390F0 link=1265448179/9#9 date=1265561372
    Was a little disappointed in the segment...I had thought it may have included a little more than a practical demonstartion on how to pull out a weed.
    Or at least a run down of the best practice for spraying Round-up... that stuff tastes terrible!

  12. #12
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/program/507092

    He states he gets enough for a month of coffee.. Lots of dried up cherries on teh tree and must have let plenty drop on the ground..

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    366

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    Quote Originally Posted by 7D6D7A6B6B2D2C2F27282C1F0 link=1265448179/10#10 date=1265576877
    Quote Originally Posted by 626E6B7F666A7D7D6A3F390F0 link=1265448179/9#9 date=1265561372
    Was a little disappointed in the segment...I had thought it may have included a little more than a practical demonstartion on how to pull out a weed.
    Or at least a run down of the best practice for spraying Round-up... that stuff tastes terrible!
    You mightnt be using enough milk, or too soon post roast. ;D

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    366

    Re: Gardening Australia ABC TV 6/2/10

    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Quote Originally Posted by 143B32302718343B34323038303B21550 link=1265448179/11#11 date=1265892544
    http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/program/507092

    He states he gets enough for a month of coffee.. *Lots of dried up cherries on teh tree and must have let plenty drop on the ground..
    Noticed the only cherries that I could see on the tree looked a little black.



Similar Threads

  1. Happy Australia Day
    By Andy in forum General News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27th January 2013, 09:56 PM
  2. New to Australia...
    By Atomic7 in forum General Coffee Related...
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th January 2011, 03:05 PM
  3. Australia Day blend
    By flynnaus in forum Blending Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25th January 2010, 08:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •