Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    367

    BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I had a lovely email last week informing and congratulating me that Id won a BeanScene competition and that my prize is a Lavazza modo mio pod machine (saeco extra) and a years supply of pods. *ok so Im pretty sure that its not going to be comparable to the la pav and maz (so it will probably end up at Mums office *;D), but Im still interested to see how it goes.
    And no matter what the prize is im still HEAPS excited because its the first thing ive ever won haha.

    Recieved the pods in the mail today, still waiting on the machine.
    Ill post some piccies and a little blurb about how it went for anyone interested in the entry level brewing equipment section of the forum when I recieve it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,866

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 34302B3E2D305F0 link=1286778720/0#0 date=1286778720
    I had a lovely email last week informing and congratulating me that Id won a BeanScene competition and that my prize is a Lavazza modo mio pod machine (saeco extra) and a years supply of pods. *ok so Im pretty sure that its not going to be comparable to the la pav and maz (so it will probably end up at Mums office *;D), but Im still interested to see how it goes.
    And no matter what the prize is im still HEAPS excited because its the first thing ive ever won haha.

    Recieved the pods in the mail today, still waiting on the machine.
    Ill post some piccies and a little blurb about how it went for anyone interested in the entry level brewing equipment section of the forum when I recieve it.
    Congratulations on your win mate, well done. ;)
    Would have been nice if you had won the SMH Giotto Rocket. :D

  3. #3
    Sleep is overrated Thundergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,496

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Congrats.

  4. #4
    Senior Member greenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    3,156

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    well done kotaro :) :) :) :)

  5. #5
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Bugger... Was looking for some pods :D

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    367

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 023E372F3A5B0 link=1286778720/1#1 date=1286779303
    Congratulations on your win mate, well done. ;)
    Would have been nice if you had won the SMH Giotto Rocket. :D
    haha thanks. :)
    but the Giotto is yet to be drawn (touch wood) ;D ;D

    Quote Originally Posted by 0F332E353F3E293C343F5B0 link=1286778720/2#2 date=1286780393
    Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3C293E3E35363A355B0 link=1286778720/3#3 date=1286782144
    well done kotaro :) :) :) :)
    thanks guys.
    cant wait to run it through its paces. Im not expecting to find God in my cup when brewing from an automatic/pod machine, but I think they cop more flak than they deserve.


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sydney North Shore
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Congrats!

    There is a string on Lavazza pod machines at:

    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1232016427

    Barry

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Port Fairy
    Posts
    2,993

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 7C7863766578170 link=1286778720/0#0 date=1286778720
    Lavazza modo mio pod machine
    You have won second prize in a beauty contest ..... ::)

    Congrats and I am sure your Mum will thank you rather than the instunt alternate.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    367

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 7374707F777D68787F76110 link=1286778720/7#7 date=1286845561
    Quote Originally Posted by 7C7863766578170 link=1286778720/0#0 date=1286778720
    Lavazza modo mio pod machine
    You have won second prize in a beauty contest ..... *::)

    Congrats and I am sure your Mum will thank you rather than the instunt alternate.
    :D :D haha yeh thanks BF

    and cheers Barry, Ill go have a squizz at that thread. :)

  10. #10
    Senior Member GrahamK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ormiston - Brisbane
    Posts
    542

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Congratulations Kotaro.

    When seaching on EvilBay in the past I have seen in the sponsored ads at the bottom of the pages and other hits for Nespresso style pods that you can fill yourself then seal in readiness for use. I wondered if that was an alternative for getting fresh coffee into pods by filling them on demand so to speak. I think they are from Portugal or somewhere and not sure if they would fit your Lavazza, or if there is an equivelant for the Mio pod. It would be good experiment in any case.

    Do an Evil bay search for "Coffee Capsules" to get a hit.

    You can also get refillables for the Senseo style pod, but once again not sure if that would be suitable. You need to search for "Coffee Pods" for that one.

    Just a thought *;)

    Graham

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    367

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Thanks heaps Graham, thats a great idea, and im sure it would make a massive difference in flavour.
    who would have thought.
    home roasted single origin pods.
    and you can even change up the grind for optimum extraction.
    haha
    ;D

  12. #12
    Senior Member sidewayss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia.
    Posts
    1,434

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Well done Kotaro. Someone upstairs must have have felt sorry for you for not winning the Compak3 grinder so the Lavazza was destined to go in your direction. Congrats ;)

    Gary

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    367

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    haha yea thanks Gary.. the K3 would have been nice haha.
    would have been great to set it up next to the mini and seen the difference in the cup.
    oh wells. cant really complain about a prize though.
    :)

  14. #14
    Senior Member sidewayss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia.
    Posts
    1,434

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Looking forward to your feedback on the Lavazza. You da man!

    Gary

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    367

    Re: BeanScene Competition Winner!!

    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Yea thanks Gary, ETA is tomorrow, so hopefully ill be running it through its paces tomorrow afternoon.
    :D

    Let you all know how it goes in anycase.
    Cheers.

    Matt



Similar Threads

  1. Bolivian Cup of Excellence winner
    By Javaphile in forum Cup Tasting Room
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 17th June 2005, 12:15 PM
  2. Junes winner of Latte Art Competition
    By admin in forum Art Gallery
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd July 2004, 12:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •