1. Turn on grinder (BGC820) and coffee machine (BES920)
2. Place glass on coffee machine to warm up with machine - does bugger all really.
3. Grind using inbuilt timer and tamp. (I used to weigh shots and tamp pressure but done it often enough not to need doing it anymore)
4. Pull shot till it blondes.
5. Put glass back on warmer tray
6. Knock out puck, rinse basket and PF. insert blind filter
7. Start (empty) shot, let flow purge screen, insert PF loosely, let PF overflow and jiggle to wash seal. Empty PF, brush seal clean, restart shot, re-insert PF loosely, let PF overflow to wash seal again, empty PF, reinsert and backflush for 2 sec. All this takes about 40 secs
8. Dry coffee machine with tea towel so nice and sparkly
9. Place sushi mat on drip tray (prevents scratches) and place PF, basket & blind filter on it to dry.
10. Drink coffee.
If you could design a unit to do all that but without the quality compromise of current semi-automatics it would be a winner.