Help me pull a better shot! EM7000 owner
I've recently started trying to make Piccolos, so decided to learn how to pull a Ristretto.
Of course, this led me down the rabbit warren of getting dose sizes perfect etc and weighing, but I have a lot of questions that I hope folks can answer.
- How much ground coffee should I have in a single basket? I never use the double basket on my machine, only the single. Should I be switching to the double? I've seen some places say 7g for a single basket which seems low? I've just weighed a dose today and it was closer to 14g, single basket.
- Should I be weighing the ground coffee or the beans before they're ground?
- Once I've begun the extraction on my EM7000, do I include the lag time in my count (the time nothing comes out the spouts) or only start counting once coffee pours out?
- How much liquid is exactly in a shot for both Ristretto vs Espresso? I see some broad numbers on the internet.
- My digital scales don't seem to register the small increase in liquid that comes out (it's too slow)... are there good recommendations for barista specific scales?
For now that's it, but I know I'll have more questions.
Thanks in advance.