Post By Lukemc
Post By Lukemc
Post By Coffee_Better
Post By Hoggers
Coffee better app
Hey guys. Anyone else got in touch with Stuart to get on board as beta testers for their iOS app?
I emailed yesterday and got a quick response.
Looks like it will be an interesting app and since they are a sponsor itís always worth helping out those who help keep this forum going.
Thereís a post up from them in the sponsor section I think with details but you can email Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on board.
Not entirely sure until I get it but looks like it will help people with setting grind/dose etc and making better coffee at home. Itís linked by the look to a coffee subscription as well. Smart idea as a business.
Originally Posted by MrJack
Getting on board as a beta tester though to me is less about them selling me coffee and more about me geeking out on a new app and also helping an new sponsor get their product up to scratch.
I have nothing to do with the company or the app btw!! Just enjoy new tech and toys!!
Hopefully Stuart will see this post and may be able to elaborate. There is a post in the sponsors section which talks about it too.
The Coffee Better App Functions
Originally Posted by MrJack
The app is designed with 3 features in mind (we have a few more up our sleeve... but i think the below are a good start)
- Firstly to help people through the process of how to make a barista quality coffee, this including a diagnose and recommendation feature to dial in your grind & Include Cafe Drink Ratio's and Tips on Milk Frothing..
- Secondly to build up a body of data over time which will remove a lot of the variability that can impact maintaining good coffee.. This will require a fair amount of personal coffee history as well a community data (and a good data scientist)... but we hope to be able track and model many of the variables that impact great coffee making and use AI to provide accurate recommendations on your next cup ... things like grind size variation as a result of aging beans, when you may need to upgrade your grinder burrs etc.. and possibly a host of other features.
- Lastly to provide a platform for users to connect with roaster ... it may be something as simple as espresso recipe for a certain bean (which can be entered in the app to calibrate your coffee too) or as immersive what is the story / tasting notes and reviews of great specialty coffee that users can buy or subscribe too.
I should mention that is our going in position.. already from our advanced beta group we have other suggestions like a
- Training Tool in Multiple Languages for Customers in aftersales / training,
- A Shot Journal to keep track of all your tweaking including Graphical Display so you have chart your last X coffee's
- A multiple bean 'library' so you can quickly switch between beans and the app remember's you last setting..
All of these ideas are now new function that will make up future versions of our app...
So who know what worlds we can conquer with the power of #coffeesnobs behind us
Lukemc is 100% right... please feel free to email me (Stuart) at email@example.com if you would take part or if you simply have questions... relevant questions I will repost here for general info...
Originally Posted by Lukemc
I have jumped on board for the beta testing as it sounds like a great idea and if nothing else I may well learn a thing or two and possibly improve my coffee in the process.
Like Luke, I have no affiliation with the company but I do enjoy tinkering and trying new tech. It may well come to nothing but Stuart is certainly quick to respond to email and customer service so far seems great which is always a Good start. Will provide feedback once the beta version comes out next week.
Hope a few more people get behind this.
Just an update on coffee snobs beta testers. We now have 5 coffee snobs beta testers... already we see the feedback helping to refine and deliver a better outcome... Who wants to join... email me at firstname.lastname@example.org ... just a heads up you will need a coffee scale to get real value... if you don't have one. We will send one out to you :-) FREE OF CHARGE..
If only I had known
Need a scale @Hoggers ;-)
Originally Posted by Hoggers
I was interested but the original post wasn't specific enough on what was involved. And then it lost me at "but we need your help! (iphone only)" mostly because I don't have an iPhone.
Hi Tashi, thanks for the note.. Rest assured we will be working on an Android version.. but we are looking to finalise the technical spec first in the beta otherwise we are iterating in two programming languages and that can be costly and resource hungry.. If you follow this thread or sign up to newsletter (www.coffeebetter.com.au) we will be releasing details of our android launch.
Originally Posted by tashie
Thanks for thinking of us though