Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By justacuppa
  • 2 Post By skidquinn
  • 1 Post By coolie21
  • 1 Post By EZCFlair
  • 1 Post By kyeba
  • 1 Post By kyeba

Thread: Recommendations please for a Brisbane roaster

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    88

    Recommendations please for a Brisbane roaster

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Roasters of good coffee seem to be scarce in Brisbane. The best ones seem to be located in Victoria or NSW for some reason, and the problem with that is apart from the postage, the delay (more importantly) in receiving them. No fault of the roaster but slow shipping by Aust Post and others.

    It sometimes means that the beans are 1.5 to 2 weeks post roast by the time they arrive and less time to consume them.

    Id like to be able to pick them up 3 or 4 days post roast to make the most of them.

    Any suggestions appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    62
    If you are on the southside, try Extraction Artisan Coffee at Slacks creek. I also like Wolff coffee roasters at Hendra if you are further up north.


    Otherwise have you tried beanbay? I highly recommend Andy's fresh beans , which he roasts by order and ships out on the same day, if using express post I usually get them next day, using couriers adds a day or two. Also order early in the week so you don't wait over the weekend.

    Cheers
    Dimal, matth3wh and EZCFlair like this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member skidquinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    140
    Depends on what side of town you live if you want to make it easy. Pedro & Tim at Tim Adams coffee do some ripper roasts. They're at Caloundra, so would have to post, but their stuff is good. I've had some of their roasts meant specifically for their cafe (family perks) at Caloundra, Lamkin Lane, and they have been unbelievable. You can buy on the Tim Adams website.

    Other than the usual suspects around town, I randomly tried a roaster at Stafford the other day (Q-Roasters) which was pretty decent. I usually roast my own beans so don't often have a need to buy beans, but have tried a bunch around Brisbane in the past.
    sprezzatura and EZCFlair like this.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by justacuppa View Post
    If you are on the southside, try Extraction Artisan Coffee at Slacks creek. I also like Wolff coffee roasters at Hendra if you are further up north.

    Otherwise have you tried beanbay? I highly recommend Andy's fresh beans , which he roasts by order and ships out on the same day, if using express post I usually get them next day. Also order early in the week so you don't wait over the weekend.

    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by skidquinn View Post
    Depends on what side of town you live if you want to make it easy. Pedro & Tim at Tim Adams coffee do some ripper roasts. They're at Caloundra, so would have to post, but their stuff is good. I've had some of their roasts meant specifically for their cafe (family perks) at Caloundra, Lamkin Lane, and they have been unbelievable. You can buy on the Tim Adams website.

    Other than the usual suspects around town, I randomly tried a roaster at Stafford the other day (Q-Roasters) which was pretty decent. I usually roast my own beans so don't often have a need to buy beans, but have tried a bunch around Brisbane in the past.
    Thank you both for your suggestions.

    I thought it best to have recommendations from members than trial and error by me......... try this one, try that one.

    Will let you know how I get on.

    Much appreciated.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by skidquinn View Post
    .............Pedro & Tim at Tim Adams coffee do some ripper roasts. They're at Caloundra, so would have to post, but their stuff is good. I've had some of their roasts meant specifically for their cafe (family perks) at Caloundra, Lamkin Lane, and they have been unbelievable. You can buy on the Tim Adams website.............
    That sounds like a good excuse for a morning visit to Kings Beach (and any cafes we may see).

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    137
    Also Neli coffee at Clontarf, very good
    EZCFlair likes this.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by coolie21 View Post
    Also Neli coffee at Clontarf, very good
    My old stomping ground...........Will give them a call.

    Thank you Coolie21.

  8. #8
    Senior Member sprezzatura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hervey Bay, QLD
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by skidquinn View Post
    Depends on what side of town you live if you want to make it easy. Pedro & Tim at Tim Adams coffee do some ripper roasts. They're at Caloundra, so would have to post, but their stuff is good. I've had some of their roasts meant specifically for their cafe (family perks) at Caloundra, Lamkin Lane, and they have been unbelievable. You can buy on the Tim Adams website.

    Other than the usual suspects around town, I randomly tried a roaster at Stafford the other day (Q-Roasters) which was pretty decent. I usually roast my own beans so don't often have a need to buy beans, but have tried a bunch around Brisbane in the past.
    Second Timís - I had some superb single origin last week. Timís a good bloke and very knowledgeable about machines, systems, training and coffee.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by sprezzatura View Post
    Second Tim’s - I had some superb single origin last week. Tim’s a good bloke and very knowledgeable about machines, systems, training and coffee.
    Thank you Sprezzatura.
    sprezzatura likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    276
    Veneziano's in West End has a good selection of roasted coffee of single origin & blends.

    The Coffee Roaster is also in West End with a few options, I haven't personally tried them yet.

    Cleanskin Coffee Co is North Brisbane in Brendale which has great single origin and blends.

    If you do a "Coffee Roaster" search in google maps around CBD/Fortitude Valley area you will see plenty more options to check out. There are good/great roasters in most cities no doubt, don't limit yourself to just VIC or else you will miss out on great local roasters.
    EZCFlair likes this.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    88
    Thanks Kyeba.

    I’ve driven past Venezianos in Montague Rd or somewhere near there now you mention it.
    I’ll check them out. Didn’t realise they roasted but thought they were a cafe only.

    Also will look at Cleanskin.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    276
    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Quote Originally Posted by EZCFlair View Post
    Didn’t realise they roasted but thought they were a cafe only.
    Yeah they have a roaster out the back which you won't notice unless you see the back door swing open.
    EZCFlair likes this.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •