Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree42Likes
  • 3 Post By speleomike
  • 2 Post By Andy
  • 7 Post By CafeLotta
  • 1 Post By WhatEverBeansNecessary
  • 1 Post By Yelta
  • 1 Post By WhatEverBeansNecessary
  • 5 Post By Rocky
  • 2 Post By CafeLotta
  • 5 Post By chokkidog
  • 1 Post By level3ninja
  • 9 Post By OCD
  • 1 Post By Caffinator
  • 4 Post By Stan

Thread: Infused cannabis coffee beans the natural way.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1

    Infused cannabis coffee beans the natural way.

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I am just starting out and I need some wisdom about infusion and aging beans with cannabis flowers.

  2. #2
    Senior Member speleomike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    896
    Hi

    I had never heard of this before. A little Googling turns up a wealth of information, mainly about products such as coffee, chocolate and other nice things infused with the "green power". A lot of mumbo jumbo though on some sites about CBD. I don't think we will see Bean Bay selling this stuff anytime soon :-)

    Mike
    Andy, Dimal and Javaphile like this.

  3. #3
    CoffeeSnobs Owner Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    16,351
    Blog Entries
    1
    ...and I expect the quote request that you sent to all site sponsors won't yield much action either.

    I suspect you need to direct your query to area that it's not illegal to have cannabis (California, Colorado, Washington?!?!?) instead of Australia!
    Dimal and Casa Espresso like this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    fairly static
    Posts
    157
    Canada is a place where it is legal now, too. In case that helps.

  5. #5
    Senior Member CafeLotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Vic, Aust.
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    I am just starting out and I need some wisdom about infusion and aging beans with cannabis flowers.
    The fact that you posted this here might be an indication that your judgement might already be infused with cannabis.

    Whenever I hear people pushing for legalisation of this "harmless" recreational drug I remember friends who are proof that this is not true.

    Just the practice of indulging can be lethal if you use tobacco. 2 very good friends from the past were heavy indulgers over many years. One died of lung cancer at 55 and the other lost a lung and then died of lung cancer in his 60s during cancer treatment. Both were musicians. Another 3 friends were affected to various degrees with mental illness after years of heavy "recreational" use. There were noticable changes in their personalities as time went by. Unfortunately the music and entertainment industry largely sees this as part of doing business.

    These days its a lottery as to what your consuming. What was once seen as safe and organic can be laced by god knows what, especially if hydroponically grown. As far as the current push for pill testing, WTF? If you still take this crap after all the publicity about the risks, you are definetly a front runner for a Darwin award. If you're willing to take pills made by god knows who, with little knowledge and possibly mailicious intent, well, maybe your genes don't belong in the pool. Think about your friends and family before being so selfish and spinning the cylinder, then pulling the trigger.

    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."
    dan77, Dimal, Yelta and 4 others like this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member WhatEverBeansNecessary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeLotta View Post
    The fact that you posted this here might be an indication that your judgement might already be infused with cannabis.
    As far as the current push for pill testing, WTF?
    Funny thing is that kids (particularly) will take recreational drugs either way. At least with pill testing it MIGHT save a kids life if the testing identifies that there is something potentially lethal in the pill. Chances are if they have bought the pill they have committed to using it as is. Hopefully a quick pill test might be able to tell a kid that that pill WILL kill you and this other pill MIGHT NOT kill you. Either way they will use pills at a festival and to believe a zero tolerance approach will work is ridiculous.

    In fact countries where some forms of drugs have been decriminalized has seen a reduction in the number of deaths and usage hasn't materially changed. What has changed in countries where decriminalization has occurred is a better standard of healthcare for those who are addicted and a greater police focus on the supply rather than the possession of drugs.
    level3ninja likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,280
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatEverBeansNecessary View Post
    Funny thing is that kids (particularly) will take recreational drugs either way. At least with pill testing it MIGHT save a kids life if the testing identifies that there is something potentially lethal in the pill. Chances are if they have bought the pill they have committed to using it as is. Hopefully a quick pill test might be able to tell a kid that that pill WILL kill you and this other pill MIGHT NOT kill you. Either way they will use pills at a festival and to believe a zero tolerance approach will work is ridiculous.

    In fact countries where some forms of drugs have been decriminalized has seen a reduction in the number of deaths and usage hasn't materially changed. What has changed in countries where decriminalization has occurred is a better standard of healthcare for those who are addicted and a greater police focus on the supply rather than the possession of drugs.
    Pill testing, nope, simply giving them the green light to use.

    Them that choose to use the stuff, let em roll the dice, natural selection at work, probably not needed in the gene pool any way.

    Addicts! a blight on humanity, not only destroy their own families but create mayhem within communities, as well as being an enormous and unnecessary drain on our health systems, very few ever recover and go on to be useful members of society.

    I feel this thread should have never seen the light of day, however, since the ball is now in play, you have my thoughts.
    NJD likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    fairly static
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    Pill testing, nope, simply giving them the green light to use.
    Like quality control on alcohol, I guess.


  9. #9
    Senior Member WhatEverBeansNecessary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    Pill testing, nope, simply giving them the green light to use.
    I don't mean to be rude Yelta, but young people will use drugs regardless of the laws and to outright deny that because it is illegal that it can't be obtained and used is a little foolish.
    Pill testing is about trying to avoid deaths and the evidence suggests that it does so and doesn't change usage habits (in terms of the amounts taken by young people). The overwhelming majority of people using recreational drugs aren't addicts, but just young people being young and a bit idiotic. These people aren't the blight on our health systems and aren't the ones causing carnage on our streets.

    Addicts however are indeed a drain on our health and justice systems and should be treated as a health issue not a criminal one. I believe to stop this law enforcement should be focusing on the distribution/manufacturing side and not the possession. Policing possession thinking it will stop drug use is like trying to bail out water with a teaspoon on the titanic, the source of the water coming in is your problem. Stop the source and you will stop the use.
    beensean likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Central Queensland
    Posts
    1,017
    The OP's query aside, the best way to deal with recreational drug use is a very complex issue.
    If there was an easy solution it would have been solved decades ago.
    All recreational drug use causes problems of one sort or another and of varying magnitude for both user and society - certainly alcohol does.
    Police will tell you that 'occasional recreational users' are a problem, at least as much as drunks.
    Cannabis is promoted as innocuous but as a health worker I saw many clients who one could reasonably conclude had developed psychosis due to regular use, and for whom it was often a 'stepping stone' to harder drugs.
    Nobody would disagree that more policing activity needs to be directed at the supply end of the chain however the magnitude of the problem is now such that you would need to effectively double all current anti-drug resources to have even a chance of making a difference. Governments will resist that on the basis of cost and likewise the taxpayers who inevitably have to stump up the funds.
    As to 'pill testing' I kind of wonder whether there are still any circumstances in which people are actually expected to be responsible for their choices.
    Irresponsible people will always kill themselves (and unfortunately others as well.)
    Dimal, CafeLotta, chippy and 2 others like this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member CafeLotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Vic, Aust.
    Posts
    764
    When something is illegal and discouraged, you can't help but pass a thought about your choices before proceeding as there are consequences both legally and socially. When you push to legalise it or make it socially acceptable then you create the situation we have today and it will only get worse if legalised. Seen both sides and was around it for 10 years some time back.

    Don't make it socially acceptable and don't make it legal. There will be those that roll the dice but they'll do it regardless. At least you have a chance of discouraging many more not to even go through that door.

  12. #12
    Senior Member WhatEverBeansNecessary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeLotta View Post
    When something is illegal and discouraged, you can't help but pass a thought about your choices before proceeding as there are consequences both legally and socially. When you push to legalise it or make it socially acceptable then you create the situation we have today and it will only get worse if legalised. Seen both sides and was around it for 10 years some time back.

    Don't make it socially acceptable and don't make it legal. There will be those that roll the dice but they'll do it regardless. At least you have a chance of discouraging many more not to even go through that door.
    I think the problem here is that it is already socially acceptable in some circles - particularly young people. The evidence also suggests that decriminalizing some recreational drugs doesn't encourage usage. I think it's an important point as well that decriminalizing some recreational drugs doesn't mean letting kids buy meth from the local Foodland. It means some of the less threatening drugs (unlike meth and other highly addictive life destroying drugs) be decriminalized for small quantities for personal use only and that we would encourage people to get them tested before use.

  13. #13
    Senior Member chokkidog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,083
    And all this on a drug forum???

    Get some perspective people. Name a society/culture past or present that has not used a drug of some sort.

    The fact that one is legal and the other not has nothing to do with what is right but everything to do with power, corruption and money.

    Next we'll be talking religion and politics and even more prejudice and misinformation will surface.
    Dimal, flynnaus, noonar and 2 others like this.

  14. #14
    Senior Member level3ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeLotta View Post
    As far as the current push for pill testing, WTF? If you still take this crap after all the publicity about the risks, you are definetly a front runner for a Darwin award. If you're willing to take pills made by god knows who, with little knowledge and possibly mailicious intent, well, maybe your genes don't belong in the pool. Think about your friends and family before being so selfish and spinning the cylinder, then pulling the trigger
    I agree wholeheartedly with your statements above this bit. I think the push for pill testing is because history has shown us that young people take stupid risks, drugs being one of them. I'm thankful my stupid risk taking as a teenager / early 20s didn't involve drugs or do any permanent damage. After so many deaths and hospitalisations from pills some people have decided it's time to try something new. Telling people not to take drugs doesn't work now just like it's never worked before. Rather than telling people not to take drugs again and hoping it works this time, some people are looking for a different (additional) method that has achieved results elsewhere. As a wise man once said:

    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."
    OCD likes this.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,280
    Quote Originally Posted by chokkidog View Post
    And all this on a drug forum???

    Get some perspective people. Name a society/culture past or present that has not used a drug of some sort.

    The fact that one is legal and the other not has nothing to do with what is right but everything to do with power, corruption and money.

    Next we'll be talking religion and politics and even more prejudice and misinformation will surface.
    Couldn't agree more Chokkidog, not a topic to be debated on this forum.

    Generational attitudes and perceptions will obviously come to the fore, I've expressed my opinions and will leave it there.
    Conservative..jpg

  16. #16
    OCD
    OCD is online now
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ballarat
    Posts
    99
    Thought I might chime in with a few words about the perils of taking drugs, whilst enjoying my caffeine laced cappachino, but then I thought better of it.

    Ps
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeLotta View Post
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."
    Sounds suspiciously like my coffee making technique.
    Dimal, flynnaus, simonsk8r and 6 others like this.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatEverBeansNecessary View Post
    Pill testing is about trying to avoid deaths and the evidence suggests that it does so and doesn't change usage habits (in terms of the amounts taken by young people). The overwhelming majority of people using recreational drugs aren't addicts, but just young people being young and a bit idiotic. These people aren't the blight on our health systems and aren't the ones causing carnage on our streets.
    I had to jump in on this. Pill testing is BS. I can't believe that the AMA is supporting its implementation.
    Just a little background, pill testing on site can give you some indication of the greatest hits - opioid, benzo, cocaine, amphetamine/similar, ketamine etc. What it can't tell you is if there are any new synthetic agents, what the binders are or other contaminants.

    Testing is complicated. The system that is quoted as being revolutionary is the one in place in the Netherlands. They take 3 days, sometimes more to complete tests, and this is in a real well equipped forensic laboratory!
    Even then, despite their advanced equipment, there are several substances that are unidentified, and that data gets passed on.
    Thinking we can provide this on site at these venues is stupid.
    Furthermore there are severe ethical issues. Pills sent to the labs overseas are not returned to sender after tests. In Australia, there isn't an option to confiscate. A pill deemed unsafe is returned to the person who submitted it for testing.

    I'm all for legalising marijuana. As a non user myself, it is evident that if legalised there can be an entire legal industry from production to distribution. Not only does it now generate tax revenue, it ensures product quality.
    As for pills. Use at your own risk.
    Dimal likes this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Just North of Brisbane
    Posts
    934
    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Having seen first hand the damage legal and illegal drugs do, I personally would not support the use of illegal drugs. I have seen how they are made (pills) and no mannerof testing would cover the range of additives they use. Most of which are not consistent with a long healthy life. Pill testing can only tell you if the level of the drug is consistent. I consider current use of illegal drugs to be Darwinism at work. If you wish to take them it is your choice but remember they are mostly made by untrained addicts who may be under the influence of drugs at the time. Very few are made in laboratories run by trained chemists. Just my informed opinion.
    dan77, Dimal, Yelta and 1 others like this.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •