Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Please HELP!! My new 480??

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    41

    Please HELP!! My new 480??

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I ended up getting my em480 for my birthday last night. Happy Day. Ground some quickly for a decaf before bed. Beautiful even joked about almost being too find. BUT!!!

    Got up this morning for moring coffee and was a coarse as a blade blender. Have taken it apart and reassembled several times according to instructions but not improved it. Wasted about 1/2 pack of beans.


    WANT MY COFFEE. Got to go out tonight but hopefully someone will advice for my morning coffee.

    PLEASE PLEASE

  2. #2
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Please HELP!! My new 480??

    Stale beans ;)

    Do a search... TG and myself have posted the EM0480 calibration manual / guide more times than I care to think..

    Plenty of Pics and helpful hints...

    Just use teh advance search.

    AM

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    41

    Re: Please HELP!! My new 480??

    Im a retired computer programmer :-X. I dont know about or how to do the search

  4. #4
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,889

    Re: Please HELP!! My new 480??

    Quote Originally Posted by 5B7E68711F0 link=1276246843/2#2 date=1276248911
    Im a retired computer programmer :-X. I dont know about or how to do the search
    Try here http://coffeesnobs.com.au/attachments/EM0480_Calibration_Guide_001.pdf ;)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    41

    Re: Please HELP!! My new 480??

    Thank you I found that and checked it out. My quandary is that it worked fine last night did one grind. Not working this morning. Did I do something wrong reassembline it or was it broken in the first place. It is the last-off the display shelf model. Maybe I should just take it back and retry. I will calibrate if you think one grind (successful at that) could mess up calibration. Thanks got any ideas you have

  6. #6
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Please HELP!! My new 480??

    Quote Originally Posted by 5D786E77190 link=1276246843/4#4 date=1276249955
    Thank you I found that and checked it out. My quandary is that it worked fine last night did one grind. Not working this morning. Did I do something wrong reassembline it or was it broken in the first place. It is the last-off the display shelf model. Maybe I should just take it back and retry. I will calibrate if you think one grind (successful at that) could mess up calibration. Thanks got any ideas you have
    IN general grinders do not BREAK.....

    Have issues with adjustments... Ya can happen..

    If it worked last night and then no this morning..

    What has changed ?

    1: What beans and how many / much did you put in..

    2: Did you touch it and if so what did you do.. (dont do it again ;D )

    3: The shop wont know any thing... So unless an exchange.. Not recommended..

    4: What is ya 10.20 as there may be another C/Snob that is close by..

    Not much else I can say..

    If ya filled the hopper... And used Supermarket beans... Then STALE and what I would expect.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10

    Re: Please HELP!! My new 480??

    dont know if i can help, have pulled mine apart several times, and unless u re- assemble it correctly, the grind will be very course. Treat it gently gently

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    41

    Re: Please HELP!! My new 480??

    Thanks luvcoffee. Few more details to the saga. First grind de-caff since I bought it at 8pm and really wanted to try it. Beautiful grind. Took off hopper and didnt know all the beans would fall in. My yukky 430 didnt do that. Eventually took it all apart to get beans and half ground beans out, then put back together. Dont think I did properly the first time. Before I tried grinding. Eventually got it all lined up and hopper bottom thingy was stuck open. Had to remove partly grinded bean. Though that may have been causing fast flow, hence coarse grind. Put it all back together again but no change. It is definitely correctly assembled not but could I have damaged it. BYW my 10.20 is Midland area WA.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    41

    Re: Please HELP!! My new 480??

    My hubby rules. :D He found one of the little plastic bits on the side to catch the top burr was slightly squashed and not fitting into the adjustment collar properly he made sure he fitted it in and walla. I am enjoying the beautiful grind. Thats what you get for using your birthday present a day early. Day is today and now I deserve it. Thanks anyway guys. Sorry to be so silly. :-/

  10. #10
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,889

    Re: Please HELP!! My new 480??

    Quote Originally Posted by 1D382E37590 link=1276246843/8#8 date=1276304059
    My hubby rules. :D He found one of the little plastic bits on the side to catch the top burr was slightly squashed and not fitting into the adjustment collar properly he made sure he fitted it in and walla. I am enjoying the beautiful grind. Thats what you get for using your birthday present a day early. Day is today and now I deserve it. Thanks anyway guys. Sorry to be so silly. :-/
    Good stuff MAM, alls well that ends well. :D



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •