Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Compak K3 Touch

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18

    Compak K3 Touch

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello,

    May I ask is there 2 versions of the Compak K3 Touch? Im seeing people referring to them as the short hopper and standard hopper and also re-branded Wega. Can someone enlighten me in regards to this issue?
    Thanks
    Michelle

  2. #2
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: Compak K3 Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by 44404A414C45454C4A4148471B1919290 link=1279154882/0#0 date=1279154882
    Hello,

    May I ask is there 2 versions of the Compak K3 Touch? Im seeing people referring to them as the short hopper and standard hopper and also re-branded Wega. Can someone enlighten me in regards to this issue?
    Thanks
    Michelle
    Yes to all of that Michelle. In addition, 2010 spec has reconfigured the switching so there is grind on demand as well as timed grind.

    Hope that clears things....



  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18

    Re: Compak K3 Touch

    Hi,
    Thanks for that. If that was the case, why does the company say its a Compak when its a Wega. This makes people very confused. Should they say its a Wega and the short hopper is a Compak even though I know they are the same expect for the above? Or is Compak and Wega is the same company?

  4. #4
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: Compak K3 Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by 7C787279747D7D747279707F232121110 link=1279154882/2#2 date=1279155377
    Hi,
    Thanks for that. If that was the case, why does the company say its a Compak when its a Wega. This makes people very confused. Should they say its a Wega and the short hopper is a Compak even though I know they are the same expect for the above? *Or is Compak and Wega is the same company?
    Nope- Wega rebadges Compak grinders to sell with their machines. Its common in the industry.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,885

    Re: Compak K3 Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by 306F77616A616D646467676F636C020 link=1279154882/3#3 date=1279155552
    Nope- Wega rebadges Compak grinders to sell with their machines. Its common in the industry.
    Common in the auto industry as well http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/660/Twinned-Vehicles-Same-Cars-Different-Brands

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18

    Re: Compak K3 Touch

    Yes, weve got a Mazda which looks very similar to the Ford. But I was asking out of curiosity. When I bought the grinder and after using it my friend came over and asked what grinder I had as she didnt see the brand name on it.



Similar Threads

  1. COMPAK K3 Touch HELP PLEASE!! :)
    By chalermchait in forum Grinders
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th July 2010, 06:08 PM
  2. Compak K3 Touch - anyone know anything?
    By yulia001 in forum Grinders
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 13th October 2009, 05:34 PM
  3. Compak K3 Touch
    By Sponge82 in forum Grinders
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th August 2009, 03:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •