Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Query on Casadio Theo Conical Grinder (68mm burrs)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5

    Query on Casadio Theo Conical Grinder (68mm burrs)

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have just joined this site though I have lurked for quite some time, learning from the many informative posts here.

    I am thinking of upgrading from a Mazzer Mini to a conical grinder though the prices of the latter have been quite a lot higher than my budget. There is one conical grinder that I have come across however that seems to be able to be bought by me - the Casadio Theo Conical grinder. It has 68mm conical burrs and spins them at a low rpm.

    However I cannot seem to find much information about the CASADIO Theo range of grinders on the Net.

    Does anyone on this forum know anything about whether the Casadio Theo conical grinder is at the same level as the Compak K10?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Mal Dimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Warwick, QLD
    Posts
    16,865

    Re: Query on Casadio Theo Conical Grinder (68mm burrs)

    Welcome "subskim"... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

    Is it anything like the unit being demo-ed here?

    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgVDU_sncCk&NR=1[/media]

    Mal.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5

    Re: Query on Casadio Theo Conical Grinder (68mm burrs)

    Quote Originally Posted by 466B6F636E020 link=1295847548/1#1 date=1295876560
    Welcome "subskim"... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

    Is it anything like the unit being demo-ed here?

    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgVDU_sncCk&NR=1[/media]

    Mal.
    Mal,

    I am afraid not. It looks nothing like the instantaneo. A salesman passed me a brochure of the Casadio Theo range of grinders, but I have not been able to find out anything on it from the Net. Strange...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    505

    Re: Query on Casadio Theo Conical Grinder (68mm burrs)

    Anything like this?


  5. #5
    Wega Mininova Classic Seeya_Latte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    66

    Re: Query on Casadio Theo Conical Grinder (68mm burrs)

    Based on information up on other forums, looks like Cimbali have taken over Casadio.

    Do these look like them .....check out La Cimbalis http://www.cimbali.com/eng/pr_macinadosatori.asp

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5

    Re: Query on Casadio Theo Conical Grinder (68mm burrs)

    Quote Originally Posted by 596F6F736B55466B7E7E6F0A0 link=1295847548/4#4 date=1295920597
    Based on information up on other forums, looks like Cimbali have taken over Casadio.

    Do these look like them .....check out La Cimbalis http://www.cimbali.com/eng/pr_macinadosatori.asp
    Yes, thats the one.

    Nice bass BTW, bassway!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5

    Re: Query on Casadio Theo Conical Grinder (68mm burrs)

    Quote Originally Posted by 373126372F2D29440 link=1295847548/5#5 date=1295930961
    Quote Originally Posted by 596F6F736B55466B7E7E6F0A0 link=1295847548/4#4 date=1295920597
    Based on information up on other forums, looks like Cimbali have taken over Casadio.

    Do these look like them .....check out La Cimbalis http://www.cimbali.com/eng/pr_macinadosatori.asp
    Yes, thats the one.

    Nice bass BTW, bassway!
    No, it does not look like those on Cimbalis site - although their 68mm conical grinder is also called the Conik. It looks like the one that Bassway posted.

    Does anybody know anything about these grinders and have anye experience using them?

    Thanks.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    505

    Re: Query on Casadio Theo Conical Grinder (68mm burrs)

    Quote Originally Posted by 585E49584042462B0 link=1295847548/5#5 date=1295930961
    Nice bass BTW, bassway!
    Thanks!
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1229397800/0#23


    Quote Originally Posted by 585E49584042462B0 link=1295847548/6#6 date=1295931077
    It looks like the one that Bassway posted.

    Does anybody know anything about these grinders and have anye experience using them?

    Thanks.
    I found that picture from a googled site. I cant remember what page but hopefully it is still on my pc browser history at work.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    505

    Re: Query on Casadio Theo Conical Grinder (68mm burrs)

    Here is the link to the grinder pic,
    As others have said it looks like Casadio are linked to La Cimbali
    http://www.comunicaffe.com/casadio_theo_54.html



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29th May 2012, 11:01 PM
  2. 68mm Conical for 1/2 price of a Kony?
    By pusca in forum Grinders
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th March 2012, 02:14 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th May 2011, 08:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •