Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TC
  • 1 Post By TC

Thread: Domestic Grinder

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    69

    Domestic Grinder

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

    Wondering what you would reccommend as a reliable, durable coffe grinder that is value for money but high on performance?

    Second hand mazzer mini comes to mind.

    Thanks
    Pete

  2. #2
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665
    This one Peter

    Chris

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    297
    if you want variety, cafe roma have the rocky for the same price. pity I don't need a new grinder

  4. #4
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665
    Quote Originally Posted by richard_m_h View Post
    if you want variety, cafe roma have the rocky for the same price. pity I don't need a new grinder
    You might, but unless space was critical, no sane person would.
    Barry O'Speedwagon likes this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member coffeechris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    This one Peter

    Chris
    When i saw Chris post this up in the sponsor area, my jaw dropped and i wanted to say something regarding it, here is my chance!!! I see you haven't mentioned a price Pete, but you will kick yourself not to buy this grinder at this price, simple!!



    Ps i have one of these, but it wasn't at this price

  6. #6
    KJM
    KJM is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    688
    @Peter - I bought one of those a year or two back for the tea room at work. It has been flawless. Despite abuse

    The grind quality is right up there. I certainly wouldn't rate a Mazzer or Macap significantly higher. The only flaw I can point to is that it is slightly noisier than my Macap. But the Macap is very quiet!

    Chris's price is a BARGAIN.

    /Kevin

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seymour
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by KJM View Post
    @Peter - I bought one of those a year or two back for the tea room at work. It has been flawless. Despite abuse

    The grind quality is right up there. I certainly wouldn't rate a Mazzer or Macap significantly higher. The only flaw I can point to is that it is slightly noisier than my Macap. But the Macap is very quiet!

    Chris's price is a BARGAIN.

    /Kevin
    + that from me. Also bought one from Chris. The other point not mentioned is Chris' service and ongoing help. Priceless

  8. #8
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    + that from me. Also bought one from Chris. The other point not mentioned is Chris' service and ongoing help. Priceless
    Thank you for your kind words Graeme and Kevin.

    This offer is one of a few to coincide with the launch of the new website. We'll be going live early-mid week.

    Chris
    Graeme likes this.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond Victoria
    Posts
    4
    My first (and only) grinder has been the Macap MC4 - works flawlessly for me. One thing to note - with the stepless control, it takes a bit of fine tuning (i'm only a newb) - my friends rocky is easier to use if you change grinds regularly (which i don't).



Similar Threads

  1. Domestic Grinder wanted
    By beastyboybill in forum Grinders
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 23rd June 2011, 04:37 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27th May 2010, 03:11 PM
  3. Transition from Domestic to Commercial....
    By Thundergod in forum Milk Froth and Bubbles
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 29th May 2009, 01:49 PM
  4. Domestic unit.
    By Dale_Whiley in forum Brewing Equipment - Entry level (sub $500)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th February 2007, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •