Post By towe0609
Post By towe0609
Compak K6 Refurb - help with identifying parts and supplier
Hi everyone, its been a long time since I've posted in coffeesnobs. I trust the forum remains as friendly and helpful as it was when I was last here.
A few years back I bought a second hand Compak K6. Not sure of its background bit I think it had done time in a commercial environment. Its been in use at the office since I bought it. The burr carrier was always misaligned with the grinder body and the hopper was on a tilt - I never understood why and never investigated - till now.
I disassembled the grinder today. I've identified 2 core problems which need to be fixed.
1. It has a broken outlet - the plastic bit that channels the ground coffee into the dosing chamber. I think it also needs an o-ring - this was completely missing.
2. The rubber mounts where the bottom burr carrier mounts the body of the grinder are worn out.
I've been able to find the part no (K00008) for the outlet commercial link removed per site posting policy (sorry mods - you can see the outlet in the parts diagram readers) and the gasket (K00103) as seen in parts diagram (http://www.compakgrinders.com/docs/K6_D.pdf).
but I'm struggling to identify the part number(s) for the rubber mounts from the parts diagrams. I also cannot find a supplier.
Can anyone assist?
Last edited by towe0609; 22nd August 2015 at 08:04 PM.
Reason: Commercial link(s) removed apology
Hi - that carrier is obsolete but try one of the CS sponsors. Those parts from the K6 2003 (pre-2004) are called antivibrate bushings. You'll need three and the flat washers that come with them. Try Jet Black - I know they carry Compak.
Thanks sprezzatura - your naming of the part helped a lot.
Originally Posted by sprezzatura
It looks like it might be a generic fastener called a well nut, or rubber nut insert - M5 and 14mm long. Looks like $5 on ebay and I'm sorted for that part of the problem. Now to source the outlet and associated o-ring. I've sent an email to Compak Australia - hopefully they'll point me in the right direction - otherwise I'll try Jet Black.
Not having much luck finding someone who can supply the outlet and o-ring. Still following a few leads, but it doesn't seem easy to track down parts.
I found the wellnuts online (I tried to shop local by my local fastener shops had never heard of them). I might need to borrow this idea if I cannot source a replacement outlet.
Well I found a supplier for the outlet, and got the right sized wellnut from ebay, splurged on some new burrs, put it back together tonight and its like new (except for the tiny spider crack in the hopper). Very happy with my tinkering. I was quite impressed with the build quality having pulled it apart, and it was generally in excellent condition except for the 2 broken bits now replaced.