Thanks from Dummy ;)
This is a guide on how to turn your CS Roastmonitor software .csv file into the pretty profiles created by intellidepth’s Roastmonitor excel spreadsheet. On the third tab of his spreadsheet he has instructions, but alas I have been asked by a few people now to dumb It down a bit for the not so computer savy. Which for me is no problem ;D
1. First, Do your roast and save the resulting profile as something you can remember, in a location you will remember, I personally use this format……200110 600 Indian MM RSC 001/10.csv (date((DD/MM/YY))/weight/bean/blend/roastdepth/serial no.)
2. Now download and open intellidepth’s Excel spreadsheet from [here]. Click on the second tab on the bottom called “Roastmonitor Data” you will see 4 columns of numbers, the first 3 columns being “Time” “Temperature” and “Event”, this is what the resulting graph feeds from, so what ever is pasted in these fields will alter the graph on the first tab. All the information you see in this one is demo data only, im guessing from one of his roasts, delete all the data/numbers out of these colums right to the bottom(all 1500 odd rows).
3. Now leaving Excel open, find the location of the .csv file you saved from your roast…..open it, it will open as a separate file in excel over the top of intellidepths one. Highlight the first 3 columns of numbers only(not the column names)all the way to the bottom(depending on roast time, it will usually be over 1500 rows), right click on the highlighted info, click “copy”, close that window inside excel, the original Intellidepth Spreadsheet will pop to the top again, now paste all this info you have just copied into where you deleted intellidepths demo info…..all of it, again right to the bottom.
4. Go to the first tab labelled “Roast Chart” and your profile will be displayed, you will have to move the boxes around to notate the actual events, you can rename the boxes, copy and paste new ones, delete ones not needed etc
5. Now what I do with this resulting graph is highlight the graph by clicking on the green part, you will see 8 little dots surrounding the graph, indicating that it has selected the graph, hold down ctrl-c to copy. Open MS Paint, hold down Ctrl-v to paste, save as a jpeg image and there you have it, you can now attach this to a post on coffeesnobs!
Mods feel free to edit this post, not sure if it makes sence, late night last night ::)
Thanks from Dummy ;)
Ha ha, just an expression, dont worry, took me a while to get it too ;D
WSully a natural teacher....todays roast :D
Geez! Nice profile, Chris!
(Is it sad that I can appreciate a good roast profile?)
At least we are all sad together ;)
That is very nice! Is that on the HAS or corretto?
Corretto my friend, along way from Has mate. Still waiting on gas fittings and then a long wait for $$ etc.
All good things take time....and sometimes alot of cash ;)
WSully wrote:hmmm, its been well over a year since ive seen the female version IntellidepthOn the third tab of his spreadsheet he has instructions
i know ive been away and obviously missed lots of changes around here :o
Gees, thats your first post for over 7 months Darren.
Welcome back to the fold. Now, put that jar of instant down and step away with your hands in the air. ;D
Intellidepth still lurks and posts occasionally. I think her legacy on CS is recognised.
hi Steve *:)
and that was your 2000th post *:o
what better time to highlight your post whore status *;D
nothing wrong with International Roast mate *;)
Harsh, mate, fair but harsh. Still, Im small-beer compared to some here.Originally Posted by 1C3F3034315E0 link=1264725024/10#10 date=1264887519
Now dust off yer VBM, order some CS WOW or something and get that grouphandle working. My offer still stands and you can take some KKTO-roasted stuff back to the Castle with you. And, to keep it on topic, Ill even make a pretty graph of the roast.
Hey, theres an idea. Those into printing their own lablels could add the profile graph to the label
Stop It :)Originally Posted by 2B213423232C383E4D0 link=1264725024/11#11 date=1264889411
MODS, would it be possible to merge the top of this topic into one of the existing stickys so its accessible to ppl and doesnt get lost?
just an idea.....
Tut TutOriginally Posted by 6A607562626D797F0C0 link=1264725024/11#11 date=1264889411
Wsully.. I was spending too much time with Office 2007 and it was doing my head in..
I also assumed that I could tag and comment on the roastmonitor software in real time etc..
Some days one should stay in bed ;)
Where is ya TO... Need to get it fixed and running sweet.
you can, in the text input box......are you using 2.10?Originally Posted by 69464F4D5A654946494F4D454D465C280 link=1264725024/14#14 date=1269564625
It sux im at work more than home atm, ill get there, sooooooooooooooo tired!!!Originally Posted by 69464F4D5A654946494F4D454D465C280 link=1264725024/14#14 date=1269564625