Welcome to CoffeeSnobs!
Depending on your budget there are a few options for home roasters;
1. Behmor 1600 Plus - Retails around $500 but currently out of production waiting on certification for the new model. Roast up to 400 gram of green beans. Best option here is second hand (once your post count is up you could post a wanted to buy ad on here) or wait for the new model. Behmor is about the size and shape of a microwave and uses electric heaters/fans and a wire bean drum.
2. Gene Cafe - Retails at about $850 can be found from a number of CoffeeSnobs sponsors. You could use the quote form on the website. Roasts up to about 300 grams. Gene Cafe uses an electric element which blows hot air over the beans in a plastic drum.
3. Hottop - These have different models and start at about $1,800. Hottop is getting towards a commercial roaster in design and has a metal drum and electric heating.
4. KaffeLogic Nano - This is a small batch (about 200 grams) fluid bed (beans are roasted in hot air stream) roaster which retails for $1700.
5. DIY - You can have a look on here for Popcorn roaster, Coretto roaster or Breadmaker roaster and depending on how handy you are you could build a DIY roaster for much less than the above.
Various of the above can be connected to PC via USB to log heat probe temperatures to save/view roast profiles.
In terms of roasting courses can't help you there as I don't know of but when you select a machine there are heaps on threads on here.