Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

  1. #1
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Well, it may not sound like coffee... *But a few will be had and a few will get knoched over and or full of wood dust.

    As per the OT reply... *http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1249003655/18#18

    and teh link http://www.pradopoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1268&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

    While I have great intentions... *I am not a cabinate maker :-(

    The basics will be fine but the finer points will catch me out as I do not have the tools and making do will see the job done.. But it would take the carpet to cvover up the mistakes :-)

    Thus I may well start getting the materials in little hits, any assistance and or sessions over a coffee or two would be most welcome... *Share and support.

    PS what part of Brisbane... *Northside I trust :-)

  2. #2
    Senior Member Coffee2Di4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ipswich, QLD
    Posts
    1,472

    Re: Mods to my Parado

    Per my reply via:-

    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1249003655/18#18

    PS:- Im pretty sure ours are made from gal sheet (note, Pete gave me the words for this...I had "metally stuff"!) with skateboard bearings as rollers - much more durable, and wont warp/deteriorate with water spillage...but have rusted when a jar of instant coffee was spilled on them - proof that that rubbish is no good for you!!!


    Cheers
    Di





  3. #3
    Super Moderator scoota_gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,126

    Re: Mods to my Parado

    Can you mod the title AM?

    I was wondering what parade you were modifying... ;D ;D ;)

  4. #4
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by 47575B5B40556B535558340 link=1249083767/2#2 date=1249107452
    Can you mod the title AM?

    I was wondering what parade you were modifying... ;D ;D ;)
    Some people ;)

    DONE

  5. #5
    Super Moderator scoota_gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,126

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Yes...spelling nazi here... :D

    Thanks for that! :-*

  6. #6
    Senior Member Coffee2Di4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ipswich, QLD
    Posts
    1,472

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Thats alright, Pete calls them a Toyota Playdo, anyway!

    This coming from the boy with a Niisan Terrano II woossy car. I still lament the loss of the Suzuki Sierra we had while we were up in Townsville - now that was a little car that would dance like a cut cat in the bush!

  7. #7
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by 163127352D5E0 link=1249083767/5#5 date=1249166899
    Thats alright, Pete calls them a Toyota Playdo, anyway!

    This coming from the boy with a Niisan Terrano II woossy car. *I still lament the loss of the Suzuki Sierra we had while we were up in Townsville - now that was a little car that would dance like a cut cat in the bush!

    I had one of those - Suzuki Sierra also had one of teh first 2 stroke ones... We use to put on the back of teh truck or tow it to were we were going and then use it.. Light and nothing could stop it.

    Been to the very top of Qld in a HR Panel Van (before most people had 4X4s) and that was fun.... My old man has been across most of Australia by horse / donkey / mule / drays etc etc and of course some of teh very first motor cars / trucks... Oh and done a lot on foot as well :-)

    Woosies today need; a 4x4 and 3 support crew, with sat nav and sat phones, along with air support and fuel drops.... And they think they are doing it tough ;D

  8. #8
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by 6A4D5B4951220 link=1249083767/1#1 date=1249085595
    PS:- Im pretty sure ours are made from gal sheet (note, Pete gave me the words for this...I had "metally stuff"!) with skateboard bearings as rollers - much more durable, and wont warp/deteriorate with water spillage...but have rusted when a jar of instant coffee was spilled on them - proof that that rubbish is no good for you!!!


    Cheers
    Di


    BUMP:

    AS you have Pete tied up for other things ( snigger snigger) I went ahead and started with out him or a coffee b!tcH *:-* * I needed a GOOD man with a gofer to get a coffee or two..


    AND where were you ???? *South of the border *;D

    I will not post pics here.. *But have uploaded to the following site.. If it works you will get a slide show and a few captions.. *

    http://picasaweb.google.com.au/comp.dad/Car#slideshow/
    or

    http://picasaweb.google.com.au/comp.dad/Car?feat=directlink

    Please feel free to visit and comment.

    AM


  9. #9
    Senior Member Coffee2Di4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ipswich, QLD
    Posts
    1,472

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Phwit Phwoo - very nice! Ill show Pete when he gets home this arvo: Im sure hell be impressed...well, if nothing else, than with your shed - it looks like a carbon copy of ours, right down to the rickety old 70s chair with stuff piled on it!

    ;)

    Still cut that you didnt wait for the coffee wench to turn up and run errands for you both while you were in your shed zone and fetch your coffees/beers/water (aka hit you both around the head and hang cr@p on you) but, oh well...plenty of time for that! [smiley=evil.gif]

  10. #10
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by 1B3C2A3820530 link=1249083767/8#8 date=1255659786
    Phwit Phwoo - very nice! *Ill show Pete when he gets home this arvo: Im sure hell be impressed...well, if nothing else, than with your shed - it looks like a carbon copy of ours, right down to the rickety old 70s chair with stuff piled on it!

    ;)

    Still cut that you didnt wait for the coffee wench to turn up and run errands for you both while you were in your shed zone and fetch your coffees/beers/water (aka hit you both around the head and hang cr@p on you) but, oh well...plenty of time for that! *[smiley=evil.gif]
    I will be interested to hear what the master of the house thinks

  11. #11
    Senior Member Coffee2Di4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ipswich, QLD
    Posts
    1,472

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    What - you dont value my opinion!!!

    ;)

    Hes home now, so will go and untie him and let him out of the bedroom...

    [smiley=engel017.gif]

  12. #12
    Senior Member Coffee2Di4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ipswich, QLD
    Posts
    1,472

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Opinion gotted from Pete:-

    I think they are very neat and like the little hinged bits on the side. Your joinery skills are better than mine, but I can still hide stuff under carpet so youd never know...
    Ive edited out the mouthful of Twisties that were being munched on at the time because I couldnt quite reproduce the muffled crunching noise... :-?

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,756

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Great work there AM, looking a treat, were getting a pootrol soon and will do the same, i have previously done a hilux and a GQ patrol too, i was a flooring tradie in a past life so i really enjoy playing with both timber and outdoor carpet, looks so neat!

    ps where did you get the runners for the drawers?

  14. #14
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Ok 99% done..

    It will do as a work car...




  15. #15
    Senior Member trentski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Altona, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by 7E594F5D45360 link=1249083767/10#10 date=1255674445
    What - you dont value my opinion!!!

    ;)

    Hes home now, so will go and untie him and let him out of the bedroom...

    [smiley=engel017.gif]
    To be fair you do own a Terrano 2 and the smiley you used was called Engel :P hardly recommendations for your opinion, dont ya think ;D

  16. #16
    Senior Member Coffee2Di4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ipswich, QLD
    Posts
    1,472

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Oh, is that the Trentski that Pete warned me about???

    Good to see you hanging out on a decent forum for once! Get a bit of culture up ya!

    ;)

  17. #17
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Toyota LandCruiser Prado - Mods Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by 5054726B6B6E716669070 link=1249083767/12#12 date=1255679322
    Great work there AM, looking a treat, were getting a pootrol soon and will do the same, i have previously done a hilux and a GQ patrol too, i was a flooring tradie in a past life so i really enjoy playing with both timber and outdoor carpet, looks so neat!

    ps where did you get the runners for the drawers?
    That place where so many times you can get a great deal... E-Ba......Y

    Rated at 70kg by 800mm = $54 for teh set of two including del... * Should have grabbed a few extras...



Similar Threads

  1. Toyota is anti Latte!!!
    By christos10 in forum General Coffee Related...
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 1st October 2009, 05:10 PM
  2. Mods
    By TEPIN in forum Roasters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 5th July 2006, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •