Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Taste in coffee?

  1. #1
    Junior Member donghonam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4

    Taste in coffee?

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello, I'm a coffee business in Vietnam, currently trading coffee and Robusta coffee products. I would like to ask everyone a little bit of your taste in coffee, you like to drink coffee arabica or robusta?

  2. #2
    Senior Member flynnaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,013
    Quote Originally Posted by donghonam View Post
    Hello, I'm a coffee business in Vietnam, currently trading coffee and Robusta coffee products. I would like to ask everyone a little bit of your taste in coffee, you like to drink coffee arabica or robusta?
    Hello

    I think you will see from the Green and Roasted coffee sections (accessed via the buttons near the top) that we are arabica drinkers. Some of us may blend with good quality robusta or sometimes by itself.

  3. #3
    Junior Member donghonam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnaus View Post
    Hello

    I think you will see from the Green and Roasted coffee sections (accessed via the buttons near the top) that we are arabica drinkers. Some of us may blend with good quality robusta or sometimes by itself.
    Hello flynnaus,

    Thanks for your answer, it seems taste of Australia other than VN, we like the smell of bitter almonds of Robusta more than Arabica. Mixing ratio is usually 8:2 7:3 or 6:4, or fully Robusta.

  4. #4
    Senior Member flynnaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,013
    Quote Originally Posted by donghonam View Post
    it seems taste of Australia other than VN, we like the smell of bitter almonds of Robusta more than Arabica. Mixing ratio is usually 8:2 7:3 or 6:4, or fully Robusta.
    I have had VN coffee before. It was good but I prefer arabica which has a wide variety of flavours . If I use robusta, it will never be higher than 9:1 (ie 10% robusta)

  5. #5
    Junior Member donghonam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnaus View Post
    I have had VN coffee before. It was good but I prefer arabica which has a wide variety of flavours . If I use robusta, it will never be higher than 9:1 (ie 10% robusta)

    I do not like robusta completely, I prefer 6:4, add little cream . It was delicious and taste!

    I like instant coffee and brew it by myself. Are you like coffee available, coffee can, instant coffee or brew it by yourself?

  6. #6
    Senior Member flynnaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,013
    Very few of us are instant coffee drinkers now. We mostly brew our own on an espresso machine Some also use other brewing methods such as french press, Aeroress, pourover, syphon and cold drip

  7. #7
    Junior Member donghonam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnaus View Post
    Very few of us are instant coffee drinkers now. We mostly brew our own on an espresso machine Some also use other brewing methods such as french press, Aeroress, pourover, syphon and cold drip

    I see! Thank you for sharing! I think retailers in the coffee industry in Australia will be a challenge for me because most people buy arabica coffee products and brew their own coffee !

    Maybe ground coffee or coffee beans roasted feasible than available and instant coffee ! Glad to get your attention

  8. #8
    Senior Member flynnaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,013
    Most of the contributors on this website are enthusiasts who seek the best coffee experience so don't represent the mainstream. I would think that if you want to target Australia with your coffee, you would have a better chance with arabica beans but I'm no expert in coffee marketing. I imagine that such a big producer as VN would already have established markets for its coffee.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    5
    I tasted one the other day that had a sickly , almost senegar and ammonia type taste - it was not pleasant. No amount of water could wash it down.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •