Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Javaphile

Thread: Can't see pics uploaded with Tapatalk

  1. #1
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,729

    Can't see pics uploaded with Tapatalk

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I've mentioned this before, images posted via Tapatalk are automatically blocked by Adblocker nothing displays, seems those .jpg's posted via a desk top or laptop machine are fine.

    Pics posted by Talk Coffee, Alistair McGee, LeRoyC, Coffee Machinist, Mr Freddofrog and MattyRay display without problem, other posts I see only text, no pic.

    It doesn't bother me, however them that want their pics seen by everyone may want to change what they are doing, I, and I imagine many others don't disable AdBlock just to view a pic.

  2. #2
    Senior Member LeroyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Woodend, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    I've mentioned this before, images posted via Tapatalk are automatically blocked by Adblocker nothing displays, seems those .jpg's posted via a desk top or laptop machine are fine.

    Pics posted by Talk Coffee, Alistair McGee, LeRoyC, Coffee Machinist, Mr Freddofrog and MattyRay display without problem, other posts I see only text, no pic.

    It doesn't bother me, however them that want their pics seen by everyone may want to change what they are doing, I, and I imagine many others don't disable AdBlock just to view a pic.
    Can you see the first two pics I posted Yelta? The Faema Due and then the Bialetti? I posted these with Tapatalk, but the Gaggia Classic ones I was on the laptop so they were attached directly. Would be interesting to know as this gives us a direct comparison. If you can see all of mine then that indicates it's possible to use Tapatalk if you have it set right.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,729
    Quote Originally Posted by LeroyC View Post
    Can you see the first two pics I posted Yelta? The Faema Due and then the Bialetti? I posted these with Tapatalk, but the Gaggia Classic ones I was on the laptop so they were attached directly. Would be interesting to know as this gives us a direct comparison. If you can see all of mine then that indicates it's possible to use Tapatalk if you have it set right.
    No pics seen in posts 3 and 7 Leroy text only, pics display in 13 and 14.

  4. #4
    Senior Member LeroyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Woodend, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    No pics seen in posts 3 and 7 Leroy text only, pics display in 13 and 14.
    That confirms it then. That's a shame as Tapatalk is such an easy way to operate within forums like this, especially on mobile devices and especially when sharing pics. I'm sure an older version of it had an option in settings for how to share your images and who with, but I've just had a look and can't see any way to do it now. I know there's a few computer techs that float around here, does anyone know a way around this?

    I know this is slightly off topic, but I'm thinking it still relevant as this thread is specifically for images. Happy to move the discussion elsewhere if people think it needs to be looked at.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Javaphile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth!
    Posts
    15,372
    I'm not running your specific browser/adblock addon combination (Chrome/Adblock I'm assuming.) but using standard syntax adding this to the filter list in adblock should unblock Tapatalk uploads on coffeesnobs while leaving the block intact on all other sites: @@||uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/$domain=coffeesnobs.com.au

    Let me know if it works.

    Once it's verified this works/a fix is found I'll move all pertinent posts to a new thread.


    Java "And on that note I'm going to bed" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member LeroyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Woodend, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaphile View Post
    I'm not running your specific browser/adblock addon combination (Chrome/Adblock I'm assuming.) but using standard syntax adding this to the filter list in adblock should unblock Tapatalk uploads on coffeesnobs while leaving the block intact on all other sites: @@||uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/$domain=coffeesnobs.com.au

    Let me know if it works.

    Once it's verified this works/a fix is found I'll move all pertinent posts to a new thread.


    Java "And on that note I'm going to bed" phile
    Yelta uses Firefox JP, which is why I'm no help.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Javaphile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth!
    Posts
    15,372
    If he's running Firefox then he should be using Adblock Plus, not Adblock. Adblock takes up more memory, runs slower, and doesn't have all the functionality that Adblock Plus has. If he's using Firefox/Adblock Plus that exception filter should work just fine.

    However, with the standard install he shouldn't need that exception filter as I'm running Firefox/Adblock Plus and the Tapatalk uploads are not blocked by my system. They appear just fine.


    Java "Details matter!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,729
    Running FireFox 48.0 AdblockPlus.

  9. #9
    Mal Dimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Warwick, QLD
    Posts
    16,619
    Quote Originally Posted by LeroyC View Post
    Can you see the first two pics I posted Yelta? The Faema Due and then the Bialetti? I posted these with Tapatalk,
    All your images (and everyone else's) are visible using current Firefox version on my system Leroy...

    Mal.

  10. #10
    Senior Member LeroyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Woodend, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,199
    So is something else causing the problem for Yelta then? A security setting?

  11. #11
    Super Moderator Javaphile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth!
    Posts
    15,372
    Firefox 48.0 with Adblock Plus 2.7.3 with no entries in 'Filter subscriptions' or 'Custom filters' is not blocking the Tapatalk uploads in posts 3 and 7 nor in any others. Assuming you also have no entries in 'Filter subscriptions' and 'Custom filters' areas you'll have to look elsewhere for the reason you can't see the pics.


    Java "Cleaning up" phile
    Dimal likes this.
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

  12. #12
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,729
    As I mentioned earlier, not having pics load presents no problem for me, if I want to view them I can.

    Thought it may be a heads up for others, perhaps not.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •