Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 83

Thread: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,687

    How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I thought it would be interesting to see how old Coffee Snob members are. As you can see its anon!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Im 27

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    466

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Not many people replying - too self conscious i guess.

    Anyways Im 18

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    I only put it up 2 mins ago haha

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Im a little peeved that you have lumped all we more mature Snobs into 60+.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    ok I changed it - I thought I would get caught out on that eek

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    790

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    im a little peeved that youve lumped all we mature snobs into 70+

    aaron - just havin a poke

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    I was waiting for that....grr

  9. #9
    Senior Member greenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    3,152

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Coffeesnobdom transcends age barriers!!!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    466

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by YeeZa link=1207791469/0#3 date=1207791751
    I only put it up 2 mins ago haha
    Whoops :-/ - ohh well, not very observant of me

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    846

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    39 in four days time ... anyone gotta spare Synesso they would like to give me to celebrate? ::)

  12. #12
    mwatt
    Guest

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Im 25. I feel older ... possibly due to the screaming toddler in the background ...

  13. #13
    Super Moderator Javaphile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth!
    Posts
    15,374

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Old enough to know better, yet young enough to do it anyways! ::)


    Java ";D" phile

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    846

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle link=1207791469/0#11 date=1207798795
    Im 25. I feel older ... possibly due to the screaming toddler in the background ...
    Ahhhh, know the feeling Michelle ... I have twin 4yr old [s]feral monkeys[/s] angelic boys

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    838

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by YeeZa link=1207791469/0#1 date=1207791501
    Im 27
    Get outta town!!!! ZOMG.... this changes everything! I could have sworn youd be in your mid to late 40s.

    *runs*

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    846

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by Remy link=1207791469/0#14 date=1207800041
    Quote Originally Posted by YeeZa link=1207791469/0#1 date=1207791501
    Im 27
    Get outta town!!!! *ZOMG.... this changes everything! *I could have sworn youd be in your mid to late 40s.

    *runs*
    thats when hell change his forum name to GeeZa

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    838

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrindOnDemand link=1207791469/15#15 date=1207801603
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy link=1207791469/0#14 date=1207800041
    Quote Originally Posted by YeeZa link=1207791469/0#1 date=1207791501
    Im 27
    Get outta town!!!! *ZOMG.... this changes everything! *I could have sworn youd be in your mid to late 40s.

    *runs*
    thats when hell change his forum name to GeeZa
    Whaaaaaaaaaahaahahahaa!!!!

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    I was wondering when Remy would turn up.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    838

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by KenS link=1207791469/15#17 date=1207802241
    I was wondering when Remy would turn up.
    errrm... ::thinks for a minute and wonders whether this comment is a good one,.. or a very bad one ;D::

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Hi Remy,
    This comment is a very good one. I really apreciate your contributions. I look forward to all your input.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Whyd you think I was so old Remy? And what changes everything - do I all of a sudden have no cred? :-/ :(

    And yeah, the GeeZa is a long way off yet.

  22. #22
    Senior Member Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,512

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    53 :o

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    846

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis link=1207791469/15#21 date=1207803965
    53 *:o
    I could have sworn you were 52 Dennis :D

  24. #24
    Senior Member ozscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    BRISBANE
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    :)

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    838

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by KenS link=1207791469/15#19 date=1207803752
    Hi Remy,
    This comment *is a very good one. I really apreciate your contributions. I look forward to all your input.
    Phew *wipes very sweaty brow*,. thanks Ken.. Im blushing now.

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,165

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Just added my vote.... :-X

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    838

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by YeeZa link=1207791469/15#20 date=1207803910
    Whyd you think I was so old Remy? And what changes everything - do I all of a sudden have no cred? *:-/ :(

    And yeah, the GeeZa is a long way off yet.
    Hey...ease up on the OLD thing Yeez.. ;) I know you really meant... with so much more life experience ;D

    Awe I dunno,.. I think it was a general feeling of maturity I sensed in your posts I guess.. (much like my own *snort* ::)...kidding), and probably knowledge youve shared. Was kidding about it changing everything,.. that was a knee jerk response to being genuinely shocked that you were just 27 and how funny it is that we gather information(consciously and subconsciously) from whatever information is available to us, and we form a profile of each avatar/CS member if youve never met them in person,.. and my virtual profile of you was way off. Of course your cred stays,.. maybe even more so, certainly more so to me, when I consider where I was at, at 27 (best year of my life btw).

  28. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    838

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrindOnDemand link=1207791469/15#22 date=1207804526
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis link=1207791469/15#21 date=1207803965
    53 *:o
    I could have sworn you were 52 Dennis :D
    Whaahahaha too funny!!

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,165

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Gotta agree Remy, Ive been surprised at the age of some CSers Ive bumped into in person. I guess its a lot easier to come across as a mature sensible person when youve got the benefit of rewording your post than when you speak and its out there like that!

  30. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    791

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    36 or is that 63, I suppose it depends on the day.

  31. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,165

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Nahhhhhhh! ???? Not a day past 30 last time I saw you Steve!

  32. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by Remy link=1207791469/15#26 date=1207808690
    Quote Originally Posted by YeeZa link=1207791469/15#20 date=1207803910
    Whyd you think I was so old Remy? And what changes everything - do I all of a sudden have no cred? :-/ :(

    And yeah, the GeeZa is a long way off yet.
    Hey...ease up on the OLD thing Yeez.. ;) I know you really meant... with so much more life experience ;D

    Awe I dunno,.. I think it was a general feeling of maturity I sensed in your posts I guess.. (much like my own *snort* ::)...kidding), and probably knowledge youve shared. Was kidding about it changing everything,.. that was a knee jerk response to being genuinely shocked that you were just 27 and how funny it is that we gather information(consciously and subconsciously) from whatever information is available to us, and we form a profile of each avatar/CS member if youve never met them in person,.. and my virtual profile of you was way off. Of course your cred stays,.. maybe even more so, certainly more so to me, when I consider where I was at, at 27 (best year of my life btw).
    8-) 8-) 8-) ok Ill take that Remy. Yeah I know what you mean... Im half looking forward to CafeBiz just so I can see some of the CSers in person... the only one I know ill definitely know is Andy from his pic.... if that really is Andy in that pic ;)

  33. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Listen you lot. 60+++ is not old aged. Its the new middle aged.

  34. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    846

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by KenS link=1207791469/30#32 date=1207809514
    Listen you lot. 60+++ is not old aged. Its the new middle aged.
    I can tell from your avatar that youre young at heart mate ... onya ;)

  35. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    838

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pullman link=1207791469/15#28 date=1207808904
    Gotta agree Remy, Ive been surprised at the age of some CSers Ive bumped into in person. I guess its a lot easier to come across as a mature sensible person when youve got the benefit of rewording your post than when you speak and its out there like that!
    So true,.... and just so as not to shock anyone that I meet in the future,..Id like to just clarify now,....Im not 12 ok!!! Im really just a 31yr old buxom blonde bombshell with an incredibly high intellect......... and pigs fly!!! *snort*

  36. #36
    Super Moderator scoota_gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,126

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Is this real age were talking about? Or age wed like to be? ;D

  37. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    838

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by KenS link=1207791469/30#32 date=1207809514
    Listen you lot. 60+++ is not old aged. Its the new middle aged.
    Seriously,... I totally agree with you on that Ken. It really is very true. A 60yr old back when my mother was a child.. was seen to be, and acted quite elderly. Today however,. you can add another 20 to 30yrs on that before you get that same elderly tag that would match the 60yr old back then. My mother is 73 next month and OMG I cannot see it,.. she could be 50, and certainly younger in the mind. My 15yr old daughter often says she cannot believe she is almost 73. I do really believe that 60 is the new middle aged for sure.

  38. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Avatars generally tell lies. Remy has the right approach. I can appreciate a blond bombshell with a high intellect. Itís so far from my situation.

  39. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    So much for a high intellect. Im a classic tragic, but today I received a DVD of Mariza singing Portuguese Fado music. Im hooked.

  40. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    846

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by KenS link=1207791469/30#37 date=1207811675
    Avatars generally tell lies ...
    really?
    <<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<<

  41. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    I like that.

  42. #42
    Senior Member Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,512

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Well there you go...must remember that the name "Tony" is non-gender specific...nice curls mate! ;D

    My avatar was taken on my first holy communion day - think it was the only day when I might have been anywhere close to angelic. :-/

  43. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    846

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by KenS link=1207791469/30#40 date=1207813141
    I like that.
    how bout this, fella :-*

  44. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Im sure youre just angelic as your avatar suggests. Wish I could claim the sane.

  45. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    846

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by KenS link=1207791469/30#43 date=1207814816
    Im sure youre just as angelic as your avatar suggests ...
    Moi, or Dennis? :-?

  46. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    846

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by KenS link=1207791469/30#43 date=1207814816
    ... wish I could claim the sane.
    yeah, wish I could also claim sanity! ;D

  47. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    124

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Hehe, I used to think that coffee snobs would be mostly a bunch of uni-student-aged fellas jacked up on caffeine!! I suppose the whole deal of modifying poppers and breadmakers, getting the thermometers, PIDs, degree of variance on the dose, the way you tamp, all this crazy stuff to perfect the coffee, and then posting all this stuff on an online forum...the whole thing just seemed to go hand in hand with young geeky fellas like myself!!! Then I went to my first beanbay pickup and realised that coffee snobs were much more "mature" than I thought, as the poll points out. Its actually a real spread of age groups on here.

  48. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Yeah! Youve got it.

  49. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    791

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pullman link=1207791469/30#30 date=1207809045
    Nahhhhhhh! ???? Not a day past 30 last time I saw you Steve!
    Why thank you Greg, most people think my Dad is my Brother. ;D

  50. #50
    Senior Member benandfaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indooroopilly
    Posts
    253

    Re: How old are CoffeeSnob members?

    Quote Originally Posted by richy_4000 link=1207791469/45#46 date=1207818774
    Hehe, I used to think that coffee snobs would be mostly a bunch of uni-student-aged fellas jacked up on caffeine!! I suppose the whole deal of modifying poppers and breadmakers, getting the thermometers, PIDs, degree of variance on the dose, the way you tamp, all this crazy stuff to perfect the coffee, and then posting all this stuff on an online forum...the whole thing just seemed to go hand in hand with young geeky fellas like myself!!! Then I went to my first beanbay pickup and realised that coffee snobs were much more "mature" than I thought, as the poll points out. Its actually a real spread of age groups on here.
    In addition, if you would allow me to add, coffee/espresso related products arent exactly cheap! I cant imagine too many students being able to afford this hobby/lifestyle/addiction/passion/whatever you want to call it!

    So I guess it doesnt surprise me that you dont see too many under 20s here. Besides, when I was that age, I couldnt really tell a good coffee from a bad. Perhaps our tastes buds get more sensitive and discerning with age?

    Cheers,
    Ben



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How I became a coffeesnob
    By robusto in forum General Coffee Related...
    Replies: 270
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 11:36 PM
  2. New coffeesnob, what to buy?
    By gazzalp in forum Brewing Equipment - Entry level (sub $500)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22nd June 2012, 12:48 PM
  3. You know your a CoffeeSnob when...
    By Andy in forum General Coffee Related...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31st May 2005, 08:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •