Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By flynnaus

Thread: Experience with Whirley Pop

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    37

    Experience with Whirley Pop

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all
    I have been looking to start roasting at home, but have never done it as yet. I have a side burner on my BBQ (located outside), up to 11400 BTU I believe. Has anyone had any experience with the Whirley Pop stovetop method, and what was the outcome with the beans roasted? Any tips to make the process easier? Thanks

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Javaphile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth!
    Posts
    15,871
    Welcome to CS Deco0028. Looking for "whirley" using the site search (Found in the upper right of every page.) will get you enough hits of past discussions about the Whirley Pop to answer most if not all of your questions about it.


    Java "Search engines are your friends!" phile
    Last edited by Javaphile; 21st August 2014 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Add more info
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaphile View Post
    Welcome to CS Deco0028. Looking for "whirley" using the site search (Found in the upper right of every page.) will get you enough hits of past discussions about the Whirley Pop to answer most if not all of your questions about it.


    Java "Search engines are your friends!" phile
    Thanks, I did try searching, and got a little information. There is some on TMC and SM as well. May be the most cost effective to get started, before taking the plunge on a Behmor. Thanks again for the reply and advice.

  4. #4
    Senior Member flynnaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by deco0028 View Post
    Thanks, I did try searching, and got a little information. There is some on TMC and SM as well. May be the most cost effective to get started, before taking the plunge on a Behmor. Thanks again for the reply and advice.
    Try copying and pasting this into Google:

    Whirley Pop site:coffeesnobs.com.au

    Enjoy
    Yelta likes this.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnaus View Post
    Try copying and pasting this into Google:

    Whirley Pop site:coffeesnobs.com.au

    Enjoy
    Thanks, only one way to find out, and that is to just try it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member fatboy_1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,130
    Rob - I received your PM today, but due to a bug in the system, I cannot reply to PM's (from anyone).
    So I have answered your question with a post in the Roasters section:
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/roasters/3...tml#post539359

    Brett.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    37
    Behmor Coffee Roaster
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy_1999 View Post
    Rob - I received your PM today, but due to a bug in the system, I cannot reply to PM's (from anyone).
    So I have answered your question with a post in the Roasters section:
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/roasters/3...tml#post539359

    Brett.
    Got it. Thanks



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •