Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mouldy
  • 1 Post By TC

Thread: Coffee Roaster made in Australia

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1

    Coffee Roaster made in Australia

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Are there any coffee roasters machines made in Australia?
    If so how they are compared to others(price, quality etc)?

  2. #2
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665
    Hello kvasovnm,

    You may as well classify our local Has Garanti range as made in Australia as the electricals and gas train are all locally fabricated and installed by site sponsor Coffee Roasters Australia.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    Hello kvasovnm,

    You may as well classify our local Has Garanti range as made in Australia as the electricals and gas train are all locally fabricated and installed by site sponsor Coffee Roasters Australia.
    Not sure if the Turks would agree with you on that one, nor the ACCC / Australian Consumer Law for that matter (i.e ref "substantial transformation test" on country of origin / Made in Australia claims).

    Having said that, it's good to see importers taking such measures to ensure compliance with local regs. etc.
    glensmith2212 likes this.

  4. #4
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665
    There's always one who reads literally.

    There are no completely Australian manufactured roasters that I'm aware of other than Andy's.

    Importing little more than a chassis and drum and then manufacturing the rest is pretty similar to the % transformation you receive when you purchase your commode(ore).
    coffeechris likes this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member coffeechris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    760
    "Not sure if the Turks would agree with you on that one, nor the ACCC / Australian Consumer Law for that matter (i.e ref "substantial transformation test" on country of origin / Made in Australia claims).".....??

    I may seem sad to say but what things are completely made here in Australia anymore? I work for a well known Truck manufacturer. Will the ACCCcome down hard on them for saying there trucks are Australian made, even when they are not?

    Cheers,

    Chris

  6. #6
    Senior Member Vinitasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mornington Peninsula VIC
    Posts
    1,251
    There was one in NSW... on the Central Coast somewhere (Gosford I think)... claiming to make their own roasters and also water based pollution control. Had a few listings on eBay for very good prices too. Can't remember what the brand name was.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    There's always one who reads literally.

    There are no completely Australian manufactured roasters that I'm aware of other than Andy's.

    Importing little more than a chassis and drum and then manufacturing the rest is pretty similar to the % transformation you receive when you purchase your commode(ore).
    Yep, you're spot on with that one re the commode.

  8. #8
    Senior Member speleomike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    942
    Hiya kvasovnm

    Visit the link to the CS sponsor RoastMax http://coffeesnobs.com.au/sponsors/2...-roasters.html
    Will's roasters are made overseas but are made to his specs. I bought a 2nd hand ex-demo HG roaster from him many years ago.

    Have a chat to Talk Coffee also. Thats two sponsors that could help you out.

    The roasters are assembled here to Aust specifications for gas and electrical safety requirements.

    Mike

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    118
    Behmor Coffee Roaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy View Post
    Yep, you're spot on with that one re the commode.
    Aka voxhaul, aka opal.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •